Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Call Forwrding no answer and Voice mail

Hi,

I habve cisco CM 7.0 running in my environment. My question is If i do call forwarding no answer setup for a user to another , how can i make sure if the call is not answered by another user - comes back to voicemail of first user. For example:

User1: extension 1122

User2: extension 1133

On 1122 I setup "Foward No Answer Internal/External" to 1133. How do i achieve if the original call that was for 1122 is not answered by 1133 goes back to voice mail of 1122.

I know this is very much possible on Nortel/Avaya but I am new to Cisco. Thanks for your help in adavace.

Thanks,

Adil

1 REPLY

Call Forwrding no answer and Voice mail

1133 (or another phone down the line) has to ultimately divert the call to Voicemail. You don't say what voicemail system you're using, but if the voicemail system is being sensible (most are, but some aren't) it will see that the call was originally for 1122 (even though a different extension diverted the call to voicemail) and send the call to 1122's voicemail box.

If you're after CUCM ignoring any divert setting on 1133 and sending it voicemail on no answer on 1133, then I don't think you can do this.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content