Views
Helpful
Replies

call fwd not answered behavior

eddchen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I would like to know how to twik the call fwd not answered behavior, we are running cucm8.6.2.21900-5, not sure which parameter to adjust.

scenario1:

CFB and CFNA in party A set to forward to B, B's CFB& CFNA set to tick to voicemail. when called A and not answered, call routes to B, then if B also not answering the call, call goes to B's voicemail.

Sceario2:

CFB and CFNA in party A set to forward to B, B's CFB& CFNA set to tick to voicemail. when called A and not answered. it routes to B, then if B also not answering the call, call goes back to A's voicemail.

please help to let me what parameter to twik to achieve the above behavior.

also how about add another hop in the call fwd path, can we set the voicemail trigger on any of the 3 hopping points? or either the begining point or ending point.

Thanks & Regards,

Ed

5 Replies 5

shiblyibrahim
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Ed,

Scenario 1

The only way to do this is to set the CFNA/CFB parameters in the Lines settings for the numbers. So under the line settings set Phone 1 CFNA/CFB to route to Phone 2 and in phone 2 next to CFNA and CFB check voicemail.

Scenario 2

I personally cant think of a scenario that could work for this scenario. Since when the call comes back to Phone A it would definitely take the parameter that has been already set to go to phone B.

I hope I was able to help you.

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim

That behavior is controlled globally at the voicemail side, but it's one or the other, either you use the original called number so no matter how many call forwards you have, you'll end up in the VM from the very first phone.

Or, you use the last redirecting number, so you'll end up in the VM from the one that had call forward to VM.

It's a global setting, so you need to choose which one you'll use.

Otherwise, you would need to know exactly what the call flow would look like and be static to configure a fixed VM mask under a VM profile for the last phone who sends you to VM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the info, which globally setting i should be checking in voicemail side? you meant Unity side?

Thanks & Regards,

Ed

Hi Jaime,

As per your answer:

That behavior is controlled globally at the voicemail side, but it's one or the other, either you use the original called number so no matter how many call forwards you have, you'll end up in the VM from the very first phone.

how do we set the global setting to choose one or the other?

Regards,

Ed

It's been a long time since I had a Unity server, I recall it was under the advanced settings tool, but can't recall the name of the option, it should have the choice to be the original called number or last redirecting number.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java