Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler problem

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i am trying to send calls to a call handler so I can play a message to someone when all operators are busy and cannot take a call. I will use the CFWD when Busy to send the calls to the call handler.

What I have done so far:

- Created a call handler with extenion 1001

- Created a CTI RP with extension 1001and have CFW all to voicemail.

- I have a Voicemail profile called Call handler which pionts to the Unity connect number (which also uses a VM pilot)

So far my problem is that when the call is made, I just get the normal voicemail message "Sorry, "Call Handler" is not available. Please leave a message after the tone..."

It looks like Unity connect is not assigning the extension to the call handler I have created and instead is just assigning it a standard voice mail profile where you can leave messages.

Any ideas on how I should be linking the two? I thought having the same DN on the CTI RP and the Call handler would have took care of this???

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shane,

When you set up the new Voicemail profile and applied it to

the Operators DN config page, did you make the Mailbox Mask 1001?

Also, when you created the Call Handler for 1001 did you record a greeting

and activate it? You will also need to check the "after greeting action" for the 1001

Call Handler to change the "take message" behavior

Cheers!

Rob

Or you can change de DN of the route point, create a call forward routing rule in unity and specify the forwarding station (new route point DN) and after that send the call to your personal callhandler.

Gabriel.