cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler setup for alternate contact

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup an alternate contact option for a callhandler to allow callers during a greeting to press 1 and go to a support persons cell phone 9XXXXXXX after hours. I am using Unity 7.0 (2.0) and I am setting up the closed greeting and allowing users to go to 1 of 2 places --> 1 goes to the "help desk" (ext 8139 - where someone is paged). 2 goes to another extension (8140) and allows callers to enter 1-to go to a persons cell phone. The error message I get when entering in the phone number is : "Phone number does not fit the dialing rules or your dialing permissions" - Where do I look to set this up?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

have a look at your Restriction Tables to make sure you can transfer out to that number

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag070e.html

regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding, I did check that before posting my issue, that is why i'm not sure what rules/permissions its look for. I'm still looking at my confiigurations.

Thanks again.

John

Paul - it was the restriction table for the "default subscribers" class of service not the restriction table under call management that was causing my issue. It works now. Had to add 9???????* to the subscriber restriction table. Thanks again.

John