Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler transfer any extension

marcoaurrutia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have configured a Call Handler and this working now, but this only transfer to extension of the subscribers of unity, I can not tranfers to extension without voice mail

Any body now how can I do it?

Thanks

Marco

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From a regular call handlet you can't, that's WAD. You need to use  a call system transfer if the DN you want to dial is not in Unity's DB as a subscriber, call handler, etc.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Also make sure the CSS of the Unity (Connection) ports allows calling any destination that you allow within the actual caller system transfer rules.

Hi javalenc,

I'm trying to do the same as Marco. Do you have a document or more detailed steps on how to setup AutoAttendant on Unity 4.2 to transfer to any extension and not only to Unity Subscribers? How do I setup a call system transfer??

Thanks!

Regards,

Fernando A.

Caller systems transfer is just an option from the dropdown menu you configure under caller input.

Just as you can transfer to another call handler, subscriber, etc. Select caller system transfer and that's it.

You can also configure it under routing rules, but bottomline, it's just an option from the dropdown menu you need to select.

HTH

java

HTH

java

shaftstri
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity Connection 7.x

In the call handler there is option under greeting

Example Edit greeting standard

See
Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers 
Times to Re-prompt Caller

try that and let us know how it go's

also after you check box Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

you have to allow to dial extension from Restrictions table for example if you have extension 4 digits you need to allow calls for ????

Yes, the restriction tables need to be adjusted accordingly.

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers—

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers. Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

HTH

java

HTH

java

After enabling "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" in the greeting, try the following, Go to System Settings> Restriction Tables> Default System Transfer and uncheck the * pattern checkbox.

Matheus Lopes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same problem. I couldn't transfer to extensions from Unity through the Call Handler. You need to make sure that the Partitions for the extensions are included in the inbound CSS on the SIP Trunk to Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: