Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Handlers - Call queuing system

Hi All,

I am trying to configure a basic poor mans call queuing system using call handlers on Unity Connect (ver 7).

I am trying to copy something similar to the below suggestion I found, which should put a caller on hold automatically.

Call_Handler_A: will have the greeting you want (or blank if you prefer) with an after greeting action of
"Transfer to" Call_Handler_B

Call_Handler_B: will have a supervised transfer to subscriber XYZ, with the setting to put the user on hold.

Call_Handler_B does not require an extension, since no one will be dialing it, however, for testing purposes
you can assign Call_Handler_B an extension, and dial your VM pilot, then Call_Handler_B extension and it
will work. Once it's working as you wish, you can remove the extension and modify Call_Handler_A as required.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to documents or something to help me understand what I need to do for this.

I have tried but I am not making any in-roads. Basically, I have no idead how to transfer calls to another call hnadler and how to put on hold.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Call Handlers - Call queuing system

Have a look at the Call Management Plan to start with in the System Admin guide here to diagram what you're trying to accomplish:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag050.html

There's a section on Call Handlers in the guide too with a section on transferring calls.

Views
Helpful
Replies