Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call history not displaying on IP phones, ex. missed calls

Hello,

We set up a new site and now our IP phones which are 7941 are not showing the call history such as missed calls, received calls, and placed calls. We have call manager 8x. Also, the new site phones register to the subscriber in another site, we have a router and voice gateway at the new site.  Any suggestions what might be causing this is this on cucm side such as the device pool, or on the router and voice gateways configuration.

Thanks.

18 Replies 18

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Verify the phone configuration and the deivce pool assigned to the phones. Depending on the CUCM Group assigned to the device pool is what call manager it registers to. On the phone configuration you have the option of displaying the call history.

regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

What is the option called to display the call history on the phone?

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hello Horacio,

I have seen a similar issue caused due to the firmware 8.2(2)  on 79xx phones.

Make sure the firmware version your on is the latest that compatible with your callmanger.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

What is the option called to display the call history on the phone?

Horacio.

It's "Call Directory".  Are you saying you do not see any calls under any of the call direcories, i.e. placed/received/missed calls?  Or is the page not coming up at all?

Chris

Hi Chirs,

I do not see any new placed/recieved/missed calls after we setup the new site, it used to work at the other site.

Richard Hermann
Level 4
Level 4

I was looking for something else and ran into this post, so its late.

Verify your TFTP server information is either assigned by DHCP or that it's statically set on the phone (if not provided by DHCP).

I had the exact same issue.  You can have a phone set to automatically obtain the all the IP settings, move it to another subnet that does not have the TFTP server option on it and the phone will still come up, but the missed/recieved call lists stay empty.

Perfect answer for me.

Turns out the DHCP server was changed the smae bank holiday weekend the office moved its comms room and the same weekend the clocks changed!!!!

Option 66 on Infoblox was missing from the new server.

Thanks a lot.

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

I'd think this is more to do with URL directory not working for the remote site. Do you have a firewall which blocks http/https traffic or dns issue between the remote site and cucm. If directories URL points to dns name in enterprise parameters, then the phone needs to be able to resolve it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Riasat Ali
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing same issue on Cisco IP Phone 7941 after firmware upgrade.  SCCP41.8-5-3S firmware was running successful and showing all call logs, but after upgradation of firmware SCCP41.9-2-1S and SCCP41.9-3-1SR2-1S no call logs are showing.

Hi Ali,

Just refer the discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4062910#4062910

are u sure phone is facing of no call logs on 9.3(1)SR2

regds,

aman

Yes Aman. Its sure because same model in running at SCCP41.8-5-3S is showing call logs

Hi Ali,

Since u have already tried the latest firmware, try de-grading to 9.2(3)

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

I have tried this SCCP41.9-2-3S.loads but issue not resolved. I am trying to downgrade to SCCP41.8-5-3S.loads but its not accepting this firmware. Can you please give me any suggestion to overcome this issue. thanks