cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Holding Beep

JonGauntt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to enable an audible beep when a call is holding on the line? Particluarly with a shared line appearance. I am using a 7931 phone and a 2811 ISR. I can find ways to put in too much information when searching for this kind of information and am hoping someone remembers a link to where they did this.

Much thanks,

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jon,

This feature is available :)

On-Hold Indicator

On-hold indicator is an optional feature that generates a ring burst on idle IP phones that have placed a call on hold. An option is available to generate call-waiting beeps for occupied phones that have placed calls on hold. This feature is disabled by default.

LED color display for hold state, also known as I-Hold, is supported in Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) and later versions. The I-Hold feature provides a visual indicator for distinguishing a local hold from a remote hold on shared lines on supported phones, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G. This feature requires no additional configuration.

SCCP: Enabling On-Hold Indicator

The Call Hold feature is available by default. To define an audible indicator as a reminder that a call is waiting on hold, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

4. hold-alert timeout {idle | originator | shared}

5. end

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmering.html#wp1013688

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jon,

This feature is available :)

On-Hold Indicator

On-hold indicator is an optional feature that generates a ring burst on idle IP phones that have placed a call on hold. An option is available to generate call-waiting beeps for occupied phones that have placed calls on hold. This feature is disabled by default.

LED color display for hold state, also known as I-Hold, is supported in Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) and later versions. The I-Hold feature provides a visual indicator for distinguishing a local hold from a remote hold on shared lines on supported phones, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G. This feature requires no additional configuration.

SCCP: Enabling On-Hold Indicator

The Call Hold feature is available by default. To define an audible indicator as a reminder that a call is waiting on hold, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

4. hold-alert timeout {idle | originator | shared}

5. end

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmering.html#wp1013688

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: