Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Hunting problem in line group

9tysixuae
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have problem with my hunt group. All numbers in line group is forwarded to a SIP trunk.

for top down algorithm:-   calls coming to hunt pilot --- first number in group got the call,fine but if a second call comes it goes to first number instead of going to second number which is free.

if I use circular algorithm:- it will work fine upto last number, but if all numbers in line group is busy instead of giving busy tone it going to first number again.

the hunt options in group is given as try next number the try next group.

14 Replies 14

Hi.

If you forward calls on a dn, after call has been forwarded, the DN is ready to receive another call.

So, if you use circular hunting algorithm all dn would be called until the end of the list then the first numbre of the list would be called again.

In a top/down algorithm, CUCM searches for the first dn available alway beginning from the top of the list.

Because calls are always forwarded out, you have to consider all dn in the group alway free. So the behaviuor you are observing is correct in this way.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thank you for your replay. Do you have any solution for my situation. Like I need to get busy tone on my hunt pilot after all lines are busy in the line group.

You are welcome.

As I mentioned, until you are forwarding calls outside, cucm doesn't care about that call and all dn's in the group appears available to get calls.

So , in this case, the only solution is to not forward calls but i don't know if this fits to your need.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Is there any way to monitor 2 or 3 lines in CUCM and if they are busy, keep the number in line group busy even after it transfer the call. Is this possible from CUCM. So that next call will go to next number in line group.

thank you.

Hi.

The only option i see is to configure different remote destination profile and associate directory number you want to put in line group.

As follows:

- Configure "Remote destinatio Profile" from menu Device.

- Associate a directory number and modify the busy trigger value to 1

- Configure a Remote destination with the public number you want to forward calls to and associate the previously configure RDP.

- Add dns to line group.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Are you sure you are using Hunting? As a call to a hunt group ignore any call forwarding of the DN in the Hunt group. The purpose of the Hunt group is to keep a call in the group if it is dialed via the Pilot. You can configure the system so that if all calls are busy or RNA then  it can go to another DN, Hunt group etc.What CCM version do you have , as now you can having queuing

I am using CUCM 8.6. Our configuration is that, the line group numbers are configured as voice mail port in unity and inside Unity we have configured it for Standard Type with direct call transfer rules to extensions, which are route patterns for SIP trunk which connecting ANS (Avaya). ANS calls backs to corresponding DN (total 3 DN) in CUCM which is also huntpilot with 3 DN in broadcast. When a call comes, I need to distribute to these 3 DNs and when a fourth call comes it must get a busy tone, which in this case I not getting. If you have solution please let me know.

So that means your end device is a cisco IP phone registered on CUCM... Do you see any DN ringing when the fourth call comes in ???

Have you tried setting busy trigger to 1 to DNs where call is finally landing?

Cheeers !

Piyush

Yes the end device is IP phone registred to CUCM, and I can see the call joining the conference. But based on your data the problem is at first hunt pilot, that the first DN is being free after the call transfer. So I am planing to give hunt pilot only at last stage.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, if I configure a huntpilot with 3 line groups with broadcast algorithm in the hunt list, after the first call and if someone answer the call from the first line group, will the second call goes to second group or the call still broadcast to first group and it will only goes to next group if all the phones in first group is busy. Each line group has 3 numbers under it with broadcast algorithm.

What I need is the 2nd call must goes to 2nd group instead of 2nd number in 1st group and 3rd call goes to 3rd group in the hunt list. And for the 4th call it must get a busy tone if there a call to each 3 group.

Your help is really appreciated.

I dont think you can get that behaviour when you set the Distribution algorith to Broadcast.

Please see the attached SS below. You can set the Busy option to Skip remaining number members and go directly to next group but it does not work when you set the distribution algo to Broadcast.

Thanks,

Kasi

Please rate if the post is helpful.

Can you explain your scenario with a example ??? It would be then easier to understand your requirement...

For the 1st call, some phone from 1stgroup answered, and for the second call, it must goes to second group, instead of broadcasting the call to 1stgroup again ( because 2 phone are still free) and for 3rdcall it must go to 3rdgroup if there is live calls to 1stand 2nd group. And for the 4th call it must get busy tone if there is live call all 3 groups.

Which means if one phone in a group answers the call, that group must not get any more calls until the existing call ends, even the other two phones are free, the call must goes to next group. And user must get busy tone for 4th call if there calls to all 3 group.

I hope this will gave you a clear idea about what I need.

Its not possible to achieve your exact requirement using hunt pilot method... Whatever the case is, second call will always go to first line group if any of the member is free in first line group..

It will select second line group based on "No Answer, Busy or Not available" of first line group.

You can do one thing if it suits your requirement, instead of creating 3 DNs in a line group, use shared line and set the busy trigger to 1 for that shared line. So when a call is active on a shared line in 1st group, call would automatically go to 2nd group and so on...

shared line concept was already in my mind, but I'm look for some other methods if possible. Thank You for your replay, also let me know if you find any solution if future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: