cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call log not syncing between 2 7975g phones with different firmware

mmercaldiJenn
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently testing a different firmware for our phones that we give to users to take home to vpn into the network.  Due to issues that have came up in the past, these phones are on a different firmware version than the 7975g phones that are kept in the office.  The firmware for the vpn phone is SCCP75.9-3-1SR4-1S, and the firmware for phones in the office are SCCP75.9-0-2SR1S.  Has anyone seen this issue before and know what to do?

Just to clarify, on my office phone the latest missed call I have is from extension 716, but on my on phone the latest missed call I have is from extension 525.  the latest missed call according to the timestamp is 716.

5 Replies 5

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Just to clarify, if you have 2 phones with the same extension, the following will occur.

Scenario - 1

Phone A and Phone B have an incoming call and no one answers either phone. Both phones will display missed call.

Scenario - 2

Phone A and Phone B have an incoming call and Phone A answers the call. Phone B will not show missed call and Phone A will show received call.

Scenario - 3

The special occasions. I have it were a call comes in and gets answered just before the ring timeout and the phone that didn't answer the calls gets a missed call and the phone that answered the call, get's a received call log.

So, have you verified that the phone without the 716 missed call, doesn't have a record for a received call from 716? Can you replicate this issue?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Scenario 1

No, my office phone does but not my VPN phone

Scenario 2

Yes

Scenario 3

No

So I just found some information while testing this, the VPN 7975 with the latest firmware is not getting anything in its call log period.  I am able to call from it and receive calls from it but its call log is not updating at all.

Did you try factory resetting the phone and letting it download the firmware again? I had this same issue with certain phones of the same model, after I performed an upgrade of CUCM. The fix was factory resetting the phone.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

No but this so far has happened to 2 different users, but I can try a factory reset and see how it goes tomorrow

So I found the the issue, this turns out to be on all VPN phones, the tftp server settings do not get pushed out.  The dhcp is setup on our W2K3 server with option 150 selected for all of the dhcp scopes, including the one set in anyconnect.  I also checked in cucm, and 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: