cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call logging/billing options with CUCM 8.x?

jason.henderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

A customer is looking for a call billing solution that will integrate with CUCM and allow them to calculate bills by business group; they've been advised that BT can provide software called Call Accountant.  This lets them define call costs for certain destinations and time of day, so that they can match up actual usage per department with the bill when it arrives.

Has anyone got any experience of this software or can suggest another alternative?  I'm aware of Tiger call logging software but have never used it.  The BT site also doesn't mention CUCM compatibility, just Avaya and Mitel.

Any suggestions/info gratefully received...

Thanks,

Jason

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason

We tend to use Tiger as the default option here in the UK. It seems to be pretty well received. Arc also do one I believe, and there are lots of others..

I see a lot of customers who have sort of semi-custom varieties or products that used to be attached to their old phone system via a serial cable that have been upgraded or adapted to work with CUCM. I get the impression they're expensive to maintain and adapt, and generallly satisfaction with them is not high.

I'd probably go for something with a designed-for-Cisco claim. At least you'll have a good chance of having it work well with the way that Cisco generate CDRs (i.e. not just the method for getting the CDRs, but the way it logs the data for simple calls, and for more complex scenarios with transfers/hunts etc etc).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I'd second the recommendation for Tiger (We're migrating to them this year)

Traditional phone system call loggers tended to only have to cope with simple call scenarios. CUCM can produce hideously complex call scenarios, and you really need a product written to cope with these types of things. The company also needs to be commited to the CUCM platform too - to keep up with all the shiny new features CUCM introduces all the time.

A small word of warning: Maintaining the tariff tables in call loggers is not a trivial job. The problem is caused by carriers not always knowing what they charge for calls. (And if you haven't already, you'll  find yourself visiting

http://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Call_Charges_boo/sectoc.htm#0016-d0e1-section on a regular basis...)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

afrancis95
Level 1
Level 1

TIM Plus/TIM Enterprise has been Cisco IVT tested and is pretty easy to set up as it has AXL integration. BT tariffs supplied as standard. As long as you're maintained you can get a free updated BT tariff anytime you want, you just need to request an update!

If interested I'd suggest using the free trial as it's the best way to see if suitable for your needs. Takes 10-15 minutes to set up with CUCM.

If you want more information feel free to look at our Cisco microsite:

http://www.tri-line.com/cisco/

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason

We tend to use Tiger as the default option here in the UK. It seems to be pretty well received. Arc also do one I believe, and there are lots of others..

I see a lot of customers who have sort of semi-custom varieties or products that used to be attached to their old phone system via a serial cable that have been upgraded or adapted to work with CUCM. I get the impression they're expensive to maintain and adapt, and generallly satisfaction with them is not high.

I'd probably go for something with a designed-for-Cisco claim. At least you'll have a good chance of having it work well with the way that Cisco generate CDRs (i.e. not just the method for getting the CDRs, but the way it logs the data for simple calls, and for more complex scenarios with transfers/hunts etc etc).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I'd second the recommendation for Tiger (We're migrating to them this year)

Traditional phone system call loggers tended to only have to cope with simple call scenarios. CUCM can produce hideously complex call scenarios, and you really need a product written to cope with these types of things. The company also needs to be commited to the CUCM platform too - to keep up with all the shiny new features CUCM introduces all the time.

A small word of warning: Maintaining the tariff tables in call loggers is not a trivial job. The problem is caused by carriers not always knowing what they charge for calls. (And if you haven't already, you'll  find yourself visiting

http://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Call_Charges_boo/sectoc.htm#0016-d0e1-section on a regular basis...)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

afrancis95
Level 1
Level 1

TIM Plus/TIM Enterprise has been Cisco IVT tested and is pretty easy to set up as it has AXL integration. BT tariffs supplied as standard. As long as you're maintained you can get a free updated BT tariff anytime you want, you just need to request an update!

If interested I'd suggest using the free trial as it's the best way to see if suitable for your needs. Takes 10-15 minutes to set up with CUCM.

If you want more information feel free to look at our Cisco microsite:

http://www.tri-line.com/cisco/

jason.henderson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, will have a look into them all.

Jason

Sergey Pitutin
Level 1
Level 1

You may also try Tariscope call accounting system at: www.tariscope.com

It supports both CUCM and CUCM Express call accounting, easy to setup as described here (specific for Cisco).

Tariscope is a very flexible to configure, contains more than 100 standard reports and ability to create your own.

Easy to try: free 1-month trial available.

Hi,

You can check out the solution from here too www.commsouth.in regarding Billing, Usage and accounting of Call detail records.

Regards,
Prasana Kumar.P
+919841027006

Regards, Prasana Kumar.P +919841027006
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: