cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 4.1(3) SIP Trunk Support

comms-care
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is changing from a TDM - ISDN30 service provider to a SIP trunk of 30 channels. They are using a 2851 with E1 modules at present running c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.T.bin. They have CM ver 4.1.(3).

My question is, should I advise them to first upgrade their present version of CUCM? Or, will they be able to use a SIP trunk from CM 4.1.3 and just add SIP config on their 2851 router. This router has 256/64 meg Dram/Flash and a PVDM2-48.

I don't want to be responsible for issues after the TDM to SIP change if they keep what they have and also would not want them to upgrade their CM just for this project if they can defer as this requirement is quite pressing.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

If you're asking from a technical point of view, yes, CUBE is available for 28XX and we strongly recommend you having a CUBE before your CUCM, the topic has been discussed many times @ CSC

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You definitely want to upgrade to at least 8.6(2) if you want to use SIP trunks, the capabilities of any pre 5.X version are minimal compared to those of newer releases.

HTH

java

Many thanks Jaime.

I do not want to advise my customer incorrectly only for them to run into problems after the TDM to SIP migration. Your recommendation is to definitely upgrade CM before they change to SIP trunks?

Thanks again.

Yes

HTH

java

Many thanks.

I have a further question: could the customer reuse a 2851 router to connect to the Service Providers SIP trunk? I don't think CUBE is available for the 28xx routers, however, do they need CUBE? Or, could they just use SIP config on the router.

Many thanks.

If you're asking from a technical point of view, yes, CUBE is available for 28XX and we strongly recommend you having a CUBE before your CUCM, the topic has been discussed many times @ CSC

HTH

java