cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 5.1.2 and Presence 1.0.3

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

I have the the following scenario. CM with Presence and LDAP connectivity. All the phone information is coming from the Windows 2003 LDAP database as is required for Presence to work. Some user phone numbers are inputed with () and other with dots or dashes in the Telephone number field in Active Directory.

example

(345) 234-7890

345-234-7890

This creates a problem for CM when is time to dial the number from the Corporate directory or from the Presence Communicator. Does anyone know what's the best practices for the telephone number field so users can dial it from Corporate directory or Presence Communicator? Do i need the complete number or only 4 or 5 digit extension?

Thanks for any information.

Armando

3 Replies 3

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have an idea what will happend if a remove an LDAP integration from Call Manager 5.1, change some parameters then re-establish the LDAP integration?

I have to recreate the LDAP integration as I need to make map from the telephonenumber field to the IP Phone number field.

thanks for any input

Armando

That will delete all users in CCM.

deleting all the users is OK at 3:15am when the system purge the accounts at that time marked as Innactive. My problem is that I need to reconnect with LDAP and change one of the sync parameters from telephoneNumber to IP Phone. I was not sure what will happend with the user association, worst case scenario I will have to use BAT again to associated the users. I guess the only way for me to find out is to do it in the lab. I will try over the weekend and post an update. Thanks for your response