cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 5.1 Initial Setup

jmaduncan
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a CM 5.1 box setup in our lab. The server came with the CM software installed and the first time it started up it automatically started the Kudzu program but the server lost power while it was running and now Kudzu is not starting up automatically now. Do I even need to complete the Kudzu setup? If so, how do I run it manually?

So now the server boots up and goes to a command line which I can login to but the available commands are very vague. Also, the server has obtained an IP address via DHCP so I can ping the server and I can access it via SSH but I cannot access the web interface. How do I get the server to the point where I can access the web interface?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Your best option as of now would be to use CM 5.1 CDs that you received and re-install it on the box, considering it is a brand new server.

Well the reinstall is a good way to clean things up, but since you are able to log into CLI, you can always change IPs using the guide below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_book09186a008066facc.html

All commands available are listed here.

You can reconfigure DHCP to static IP and assign an ip to the server. Then you can browse to it from a PC.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I did get in and manually assign a static IP address to the box via the CLI but I still cannot access the system via a web browser. Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks

After IP change, did you restart the server. (Graceful restart)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes, I restarted the server after the IP change and I just restarted again for good measure and I still don't get a web page.

how are you trying to access the webpage?

1.can you ping it from the client machine? 2.are you using a proxy in the browser?

3.what link are you typing in the browser?

we always have to check everything, dont misunderstand me please.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: