Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 6

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me out with 2 queries:

1-> What are the improvements in CCM 6 over CCM 5, I mean features & all.

2-> When was CCM 6 released on the market ? Approx 3-6 months back??

5 Replies 5

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

The biggest advantage of CUCM 6.x is that Mobility Manager is now integrated. Refer to this document for other features:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd805e323f.html

Not sure if CUCM 6.x is still on new product hold but you're best to wait for 6.1 to be released which should be the first quarter of 2008.

HTH

Thanks, really appreciate your help.

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any gotcha's when upgrading to CUCM 6.0?? Can someone who has it running in a production enviroment please comment as to what you think about this version. We're looking to upgrade soon, Would like to know if there was a big difference in administration

Thanks

Besides the built in mobility it also has a ton of new features plus the CM 4.2 features that are not available in 5.X.

As to the upgrade make sure you obtain the new CUCM 6.0 license key as well as make sure the hardware meets the requirements.

Chris

I am going to attempt again to upgrade tonight. I had a very frustrating day on Friday trying the upgrade. I turns out that all my issue were with the CDR database. I highly recommend you purge the CDR database before you run DMA. It took more than 8 hrs to upgrade from 4.2(3) with a large CDR database. The more you can clean up CDR the better. I am going to be running 6.0.1.2116-1. I will post later when we are running in productions.

Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: