cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager 7.1.3 to 8.6.2 new hardware

jasunf
Level 1
Level 1

I am standing up call manager 8.6.2 in our lab VM environment for a dry run of the upgrade process.  I've been trying to research how to get my data from 7x to 8.x (phones, route patterns, gateways, etc).  I know from 4.x to 7.x we had a vendor do that job and they used DMA I believe.  But I'm doing the job this time around and going from physical hardware to UCS platform for virtualization.

Is it a simple restore of a 7.x backup to the 8.x system or is there some utility?  Not having much luck with the google machine searches

2 Replies 2

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Hello:

There are no utilities similar to DMA. Only option is to use DRS backup and restore procedure.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Only supported method is to upgrade existing evironment to version 8.X, take DRS backup. install the same version on UCS and perform restore from the backup.

Unsupported method, which I have had good sucess with is to install version 7.1 on UCS and restore from current backup, and then upgrade to version 8.6.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: