Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 9.1 Post installation issues

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Goodday all,

We have installed a new MCS with a danish customer with call manager 9.1 installed.

Since the post installation we have ran into a couple of weird issues:

- The phone is set on user locale : English United States, and the phone is in danish. Also the common device configuration says user locale English.

This is weird because only the device profile is in Danish, i installed the danish language pack onto the call manager, it should be that the phone is in

english when logged out of Extension Mobility and Danish when the profile logs in. But at the moment we see that both the device profile is danish and

the phone is also danish. I specified the user locale to english and the common device profile is also user locale english. Am i overseeing something

somewhere. Or am i running against a bug? Phone (7965)

- The phones display the wrong time, the normal phone should have been 16.00 for example and the phone says 15.00. The date & time group states correct GMT +1 Copenhagen or GMT +1 Brussels. Also the NTP phone reference servers should be correct, because the call manager says there accessible. Also the weird thing is that the WIFI (7925) phones have no issues with the time, they are in a different subnet though. The fixed phones (7965) are the phones with all the issues.

- We have installed 7916-24 button color extension modules for 4 phones. And the display stays on the cisco logo, i have added them on the device profile and on the physical phone. I have added one module and also 2 modules, resetted the phones countless times. Also instructed the customer to log off the user to see the difference but no luck. Are there firmware issues here?

The problem i have is, i can't go onsite to check the physical phone, everything is remote. I don't have a contact onsite at the moment due to the holidays

I have rebooted the call manager but no luck, resetted phones. Changed common device configuration for the language, but nothing seems to work

Does anyone have any ideas to resolve these issues.

4 Replies 4

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

I just discovered that the phones are not getting an adress out of the Voice Vlan but out of the data vlan

Is this a potential problem???

I can't access the switch, it's not in my scope and it's a HP switch. The phones have the LLDP-MED option set to enabled on the settings.

Downloaded a new phone firmware but it does not install to the phones after a reset. It's ok in the device defaults and the TFTP service has been rebooted and it's only 1 pub

The only commonality all of your symptoms have is the phone's XML configuration file. The locale, timezone offset from UTC, and firmware level would all be in that; I believe the expansion module is as well.

The question is: a) whether th configuration file is getting generated/updated; or, b) it the phone is rejecting it? You can bounce the TFTP service in case it cored or something strange but the most likely explination is the Secure by Default features added in 8.0 aren't working. Review the output from 'show itl' on the CLI to make sure everything server-side is behaving; you may need to verify some of the certificate thumbprints against what you see in OS Administration > Certificate Management to ensure they match. If they do then the next likely culprit is the phone has at one point or another gotten an ITL file from another cluster. If that happened you'll need to manually clear it under Security Configuration on the phone's menu so it can download a new one.

No idea what the ITL is? The security guide covers this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/9_1_1/secugd/CUCM_BK_C0395F44_00_cucm-security-guide-91_chapter_011.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

At a saturday night i discovered what might be an issue.

The phones were not receiving an address from the correct vlan, they were pulling an address from the Data vlan and not the voice vlan. I asked them to correct this because i'm not allowed on the switch myself, this change corrected the time and probably also the download of the firmware.

I wasn't able to check/ask if the language was corrected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: