cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager - Call Disconnect

mitesh.mishra
Level 1
Level 1

When we put the call on Mute after within one call will be disconnected. I am facing this issue with every user. if anyone know please let me know.

7 Replies 7

andrew.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who is complaining about the same issue. They put the call on mute and after 60 seconds the call disconnects. Only happens on external calls though. I am investigating this as i am writing this.

What version CUCM are you using? Just to see if its the same as the customer, and possibly could be a bug.

I am running into this same message now,

I am running call manager 7.0.1 with a cisco 2821 mgcp router, connecting to a t1 pri (dms-100) .

Whenever we put a call on mute, after 60 seconds the call drops.. also, if my users are on a phone call, and don't talk for about 60 seconds on both ends, the call drops as well, and we get a busy signal... Any headway been made with this?

Hi,

For the disconnect issue with external calls, looks like either the GW or PSTN disconnects the call when there is silence in the RTP.

Can you check if you have

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

on the MGCP gateway. If not, can you add it and see if that helps.

Thank you!!! That seems to have solved the issue, i have not been able to reproduce the error since that config entry was applied.. You are a life saver!! Would you be able to give me a little blurb on what that command does and what would cause calls to drop without that command on?

Glad to know it worked. I hope I get a high five ;)

mgcp timer

To configure how a gateway detects the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) stream host, use the mgcp timer command in global configuration mode. To reset to the defaults, use the no form of this command.

mgcp timer {receive-rtcp timer | net-cont-test timer | nse-response t38 timer}

no mgcp timer {receive-rtcp | net-cont-test}

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/CLILookup/cltSearchAction.do

Was this resolved ? We have the same issue with a SIP carrier

thanks

Can you post a new thread please ? It will better.