Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Database Communication Error

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running Call Manager version 8.0

Whenever i am trying to access my call manager through GUI, i am not able to access it.It gives me an error message something like "Database Communication Error"

Then i tried to access my call manager through SSH but even then i am not able to acces it.

Kindly find attached screen shot for your consideration and please guide me how i can resolve this issue and what could be the reason for this error.

I would be very thankful to you.

Regards,

Malik.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Malik,

How many call manager servers do u have in a cluster?

On which server [Pub/Sub], do u get this message if u have more than one server in cluster.Can u share the utils dbreplication runtimestate output from PUB through CLI  or through Unified reporting,please check DB status .

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SSH output looks like the server may have gone into read-only mode, it usually says something about that at the top of the SSH session when you try and log in.  Try and run the recovery disk on the server to see if that helps.  Sometimes the recovery disk plus the reboot the disk causes you to do allows the system to come back up fully.  Often times the Database Communication Error happens when the database service "A Cisco DB" is not running which you would have to check from the CLI with "utils service list" once you can get in to it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Malik,

How many call manager servers do u have in a cluster?

On which server [Pub/Sub], do u get this message if u have more than one server in cluster.Can u share the utils dbreplication runtimestate output from PUB through CLI  or through Unified reporting,please check DB status .

regds,

aman

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SSH output looks like the server may have gone into read-only mode, it usually says something about that at the top of the SSH session when you try and log in.  Try and run the recovery disk on the server to see if that helps.  Sometimes the recovery disk plus the reboot the disk causes you to do allows the system to come back up fully.  Often times the Database Communication Error happens when the database service "A Cisco DB" is not running which you would have to check from the CLI with "utils service list" once you can get in to it.

Dear All,

I am running call manager 4.2.

I need to configure the directory for the users manually in the call manager.

Can you pleas gudie me how i can do that.

Will be very grateful.

Thanks

Malik.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: