Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Do Not Disturb

scott.mchale
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

How do I go about setting up DND (Do not disturb) on our phones.

We are using CUCM 8

Various types of phones, 7941, 7942, 7965, 7911

Please advise

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Good stuff buddy!

Did you set ;

Setting the Do Not Disturb Service Parameters

Cisco Unified Communications Manager provides one systemwide service parameter for Do Not Disturb: BLF Status Depicts DND. This parameter determines whether DND status is considered in the Busy Lamp Field (BLF) status calculation, and you can set the parameter to True or False.

When you specify True for BLF Status Depicts DND and DND is activated on the device, the BLF status indicator for the device or line appearance reflects the DND state.

When you specify False for BLF Status Depicts DND and DND is activated on the device, the BLF status indicator for the device or line appearance reflects the actual device state.

When BLF Status Depicts DND is enabled or disabled for the cluster, the cluster setting applies to all phones in the cluster that support DND.

Note To set this service parameter, navigate to System > Service Parameters and choose the Cisco CallManager service for the server that you want to configure. Specify the desired state for BLF Status Depicts DND in the Clusterwide Parameters (System - Presence) pane.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

The steps are nicely shown in the attached link;

Configuration Checklist for the Do Not Disturb Feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsdnd.html#wp1079981

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you, having some problems trying to add the softkey, I see no way to add this to the template.

Call Manager 8

phone>device settings>softkey template>

do i need to do something in parameters, please excuse my ignorance as I am fairly new to this.

Scott

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

No worries my friend

I don't believe you can add it to the Default template so you would have to create a new

one based on (Copy) the default template and add DND to the new one. Then apply

the new template to the required phones.

Check;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b06skey.html#wp1022835

Make sense?

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob

I now have a working DND template !! thank you

To let you see the big picture, we have a new cisco 7965 with two 7916 expansion modules which will be used as our reception phone.

I have manged to setup and test the BLF indicators which seems to work fine, however is there anyway to configure the DND so the receptionist knows not to disturb the user.

I see from the manual that when this is in place, a red cross should be visible on the screen next to the users name.

is this correct

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Good stuff buddy!

Did you set ;

Setting the Do Not Disturb Service Parameters

Cisco Unified Communications Manager provides one systemwide service parameter for Do Not Disturb: BLF Status Depicts DND. This parameter determines whether DND status is considered in the Busy Lamp Field (BLF) status calculation, and you can set the parameter to True or False.

When you specify True for BLF Status Depicts DND and DND is activated on the device, the BLF status indicator for the device or line appearance reflects the DND state.

When you specify False for BLF Status Depicts DND and DND is activated on the device, the BLF status indicator for the device or line appearance reflects the actual device state.

When BLF Status Depicts DND is enabled or disabled for the cluster, the cluster setting applies to all phones in the cluster that support DND.

Note To set this service parameter, navigate to System > Service Parameters and choose the Cisco CallManager service for the server that you want to configure. Specify the desired state for BLF Status Depicts DND in the Clusterwide Parameters (System - Presence) pane.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob

where getting somewhere now, quick question though when i select true it asks me to restart the call manager

will this affect all phones on the network, will they go down etc

scott

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Glenn,

You won't want to restart the Callmanager Service during the day

do this off hours

Cheers!

Rob

Just ran into the same issue in my lab with CUCM 9.1(1a). Initially, when I set the "BLF Status Depicts DND" CallManager Service parameter to True and was advised to reset the CallManager Service, which I did, BLF on Phone A set for a DN assigned to Phone B did reflect the DND status when Phone B enabled Do Not Disturb. However, some time later (after I have played with some other Presence related settings, but the the Subscriber CSS setting), BLF on Phone A stopped reflecting the Do Not Disturb status enabled on Phone B. I verified that the "BLF Status Depicts DND" CallManager Service Parameter was still set to True. I even decided to toggle this service parameter to False, then restarted the CallManger Service (in Unified CM Serviceability), then set this parameter to True and restarted the CallManager Service again. The BLF on Phone A still would not reflect the Do Not Disturb status enabled on Phone B, or vice versa. Finally, after wasting about 40 minutes going over various settings and reading articles on this (and other forums), I thought something was fishy about the way this feature was behaving, especially, because the BLF on Phone A would reflect the on-hook, off-hook, and alerting status of the line it was monitoring on Phone B. Only the DND status of Phone B would not be reflected by the BLF on Phone A or vice versa. I decided to restart the CUCM itself (not just the CallManager service). To my delight, after the CUCM restarted and the phones re-registered, the DND status of Phone B was reflected correctly by the BLF of Phone A that subscribed to a line on Phone B.

My environment is running under ESXi 5.1 (on a Mac Mini 6,2 with the datastore located on an iSCSI target - RAID NAS). I don't know if the fact that I had to restart the CUCM has anything to do with my particular lab environment or if this is a bug within CUCM 9.1(1a) and probably other versions, and instead of restarting the CallManager Service, the CUCM should be restarted for the DND status to be properly reflected by the CUCM BLF Presence feature. Hopefully, this advice will save someone a lot of grief and time.