Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express GUI - not showing all lines of a phone

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have a customer running call manager express 7.1.  They have 2 7945 phones.  both of them have 2 lines on them and are working properly.

However, when you look at that phone via the GUI you only see 1 line on the systems.  in the IOS configuration you see both buttons but not in the GUI

Any idea what might cause this?

I tried under administration to Update System info, thinking it just needed to be resynced but that did not help.

If i look at other phones they have on the system (IP Communicators)  all the lines for that phone show up in the gui.

thanks for any insight

Ken

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You just found one CME GUI bug/limitation. There are many others.

ahh any known fix? or is it just common to see?

Gear Misner
Level 1
Level 1

This might be a long shot, but I have had problems viewing phone extension when I was using firefox, but when I switched to IE I could scroll down and see them all.  I don't know if this will work for you or if you just found a bug...

thanks Gear,

it seems to do the same in IE and firefox.

I'm opening a tac case to see if there is a fix out there.  If anyone can think of anything else to try please let me know

thanks!

Let us know what the TAC says - I'm afraid WAD after insistance.

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

I found the issue of this.

On a previous tac case on the same system the tac engineer had me downgrade the ios.  when we did that it actually dropped from CME 7 to CME 3.

So we put the old (later) ios back on.  Everything seemed to work up until i noticed the gui issue.

what the problem was, the gui version was still 3.0 and the cme was 7.1 so i got the gui files for that IOS and extracted them.

once i did that the gui worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: