cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager hardware + License

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I want to order a call manager capable of supporting 500 users.Can you tell me if the selection i made is right?

MCS7816H3-K9-CMB1

LIC-CM6.0-7816=

LIC-CM-DL-100=

LIC-CM-DL-500=

UCSS-UCM-1-100

If not make a suggestion

20 Replies 20

I have a similar question:

I am deploying a 5 units CM6.1 on 7825 in one cluster.

Is the 1000-seat license is required? Do I need the 1000-seat license for 7825 for each of the servers?

FYI, the DLUs is sufficient to accommodate 1200 telephones.

Hi Muzafar,

The 1,000 Seat License is needed to accomodate 1,000 possible users. If your deployment will be less or more than that you can order the appropriate amount of course. The seats will be part of the "Node License" and will be uploaded to the 1st Node/Publisher/License Manager only so you don't need 5 x seat licenses. In your case you will require a License for 5 Nodes (CCM Servers and xxx Seats)

As you know, you will require two different types of Licenses (Node License with seats that covers the number of proposed users and Device License Units/DLU's for phones);

**Licenses are generated for requested Cisco CallManager nodes (in your case 5) (the number of servers in a Cisco CallManager cluster - with seats *Node License) and the phones that are associated with those nodes (DLU's on a separate License).

***Note - Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco CallManager cluster.

Here is an example of the License File for CCM 5.x (but 6.x has a similar look and feel)

License File Contents

The license file contains the following information:

•Number of Cisco CallManager nodes that are licensed: This indicates number of Cisco CallManager servers in a cluster that are licensed to the customer.

•Versions of the Cisco CallManager that are supported.

•Number of phone units licensed: Instead of creating a separate license for each phone type, a concept of unit license is used. Each phone type corresponds to a fixed number of license units.

Here is an Example of Permanent CCM_Node licenses

# Optional usage agreement, legal language, tracking information

# Some other comments

INCREMENT CCM_NODE cisco 5.0 permanent uncounted \

VENDOR_STRING=3000BCD4EE59D1.0

ileVersion> \

HOSTID=000bcd4ee59d \

NOTICE="200508261405391621 \

" SIGN="19B3 4C6C 25AC 6D22 4D75 DE6A 656B 08C5 \

30E4 16DB 771B 1393 9DC1 DBC4 C5AA 15CC 6E6C B7B8 895A DCBA \

B40F C551 2625 1C97 F20D 9977 6CFF 3603 081E 6FF2"

The preceding license file includes the following information:

•No expiration date for this license exists as indicated by the keyword permanent.

•This license file provides three licenses for the version 5.0 of the feature CCM_NODES.

•The Cisco specific fieldLicFileID, identifies this license file.

•You can add multiple increment lines for same feature in a license file to increase the license count. None of the INCREMENT lines should be identical and each of them should be signed independently.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b02licfu.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I'm confused by your statement of mixing and matching the seat quanity with node quantity. Please help.

We have had many quotes built by Cisco AS and partners - we have not identified any part number configuration that would allow you to mix and match the seats and nodes as your are suggesting.

It has been declared that the quote configuration regarding CUCM licenses is "seats are related to hardware capacity" and must be ordered according to platform. Meaning:

1) if I have a 7845 - I must order "LIC-CM6.0-7845" - contains 5000 seats and 1 node

2) if I have 2 7845s in a cluster - I must order qty.2 "LIC-CM6.0-7845" - now I have a license with 10000 seats and 2 nodes

I believe that means I just purchased 10,000 total seats (followed by the appropriate DLUs necessary in the cluster) but each part number only gave me a single node.

Can you please help explain (part number build out) how to build a solution that only needs to support 5000 seats but needs 4 nodes? (what part number allows me to increase node counts without increase seat counts?)

Thank you for any suggestions and support!!

-Robert

Hi Robert,

I think I may have over-simplified this dilemma (sorry about that :)

I am not an ordering expert by any means (that's evident!) but I was refering to the type of Part#'s shown below;

MCS7845H2-K9-CMB1 Unified CM 6.0 7845-H2 Appliance, 0 Seats

LIC-CM6.X-2500= License Unified CM Additional 2500 Users

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e323f.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

I have another question, is it true that if we were to order using CUWL, the SEAT license is not required?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

THe MCS7816H3-K9-CMB1 has a bug CSCsm25875 with raid array failing, complete data loss. Hasn't been fixed as of 6.0.1-1000-13.

I'd pick another model server for now.

Had 1 customer have this bug already.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: