Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager License is not limited

chris_smt
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am using Call Manager bussiness edition 6.1. Is it true that license is not limited for phone device and ip communicator? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Chris

5 Replies 5

The device licence is limited

Hi Eldho,

Because I check in my license capabilities it is now consume more than device license available that we purchase, even minus. I order "not for resale" Call manager Bussiness edition. Please advice. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The NFR (Lab) version of CUCM-BE comes with 50 DLU's (Device License Units)which will be consumed by installing approx. 10 - 15 phones depending on the Model/DLU value relationship.

If you exceed the DLU numbers you cannot add any additional phones until a new License has been purchased/loaded onto Communications Manager.

Hope this helps!

Rob

just to add something, it is possible to exceed the amount of licenses you bought. you can go an extra 10% but that is only while you buy those extras DLUs you're using. if you got a new phone but no DLUs at the moment you might be able to squeeze them and configure it. but you should add the lic files with the DLUs your config needs.

in your case it does sound you need to buy some more DLUs for your config

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you all for your response. I already check, I buy 250 device license, and now after reach 275, I cannot add more device. Cisco add 10% extra license. Thank you.

Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: