Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager license requirement

Hi,

I am new in voice field. I would like to know about licensing in Unified communication Manager.

I have installed a call manager 7.1 as publisher

I would like to add a second call manager that is a subscriber to the cluster.

On my publisher licensing, node license is shown

License ServerUnits AuthorizedUnits UsedUnits Remaining
ccm110
Total Units for Feature110

I would like to know how many license should i need to add a subscriber to it.

And what is the license (part number) i should purchase from cisco to add it.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Ethesham

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

If you are using the traditional method of licensing CUCM then you will need to purchase a new node license for the subscriber server. The cost of this license depends upon the power of the server. The relevent part codes for Cisco MCS servers are shown below.

L-CM7.1-7816=          License CM 7.0 7815/7816 Appliance, 500 seats, eLD only              $3,995

L-CM7.1-7825=          License CM 7.0 7825 Appliance, 1,000 seats, eLD only                   $5,995

L-CM7.1-7835=          License CM 7.0 7835 Appliance, 2,500 seats, eLD only                   $7,995

L-CM7.1-7845=          License CM 7.0 7845 Appliance, 5,000 seats, eLD only                  $15,995

You need to be aware that as of CUCM 7.1(5), 8.0 etc. Cisco have changed to a new licensing model called UCL. This uses a user based licensing model and allows you to run as many CUCM servers as you require without purchasing additional node licenses.

I would recommend that you discuss migrating to UCL with your Cisco partner/AM as it may be more cost effective than sticking with the older model and buying a new node license.

HTH.

View solution in original post

yes dear....

you are right now.....

after install license add server  adn then u see the license occupied for this server in license page.

amit

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

you are right about this part.

for this part, you have to add another node license in the publisher sever and then you can add subscriber server.

for the product code, it is same as it was previouly for publisher license file it mean that node license product code is same as it for all servers.

After get license from cisco, get from licensing team with publisher mac address not with subscriber mac address.

then configure manually secondary server details in cucm server for adding subscriber server and then restart the publisher server services.

After this part, when you install the secondary server and connect with primary for data replication, it will add sucessfully.

Amit         

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

This is an excellent post in forums discussing at length.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1170524

And, finding out part numbers is little difficult so you can get in touch with licensing@cisco.com as mentioned in the above post.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

If you are using the traditional method of licensing CUCM then you will need to purchase a new node license for the subscriber server. The cost of this license depends upon the power of the server. The relevent part codes for Cisco MCS servers are shown below.

L-CM7.1-7816=          License CM 7.0 7815/7816 Appliance, 500 seats, eLD only              $3,995

L-CM7.1-7825=          License CM 7.0 7825 Appliance, 1,000 seats, eLD only                   $5,995

L-CM7.1-7835=          License CM 7.0 7835 Appliance, 2,500 seats, eLD only                   $7,995

L-CM7.1-7845=          License CM 7.0 7845 Appliance, 5,000 seats, eLD only                  $15,995

You need to be aware that as of CUCM 7.1(5), 8.0 etc. Cisco have changed to a new licensing model called UCL. This uses a user based licensing model and allows you to run as many CUCM servers as you require without purchasing additional node licenses.

I would recommend that you discuss migrating to UCL with your Cisco partner/AM as it may be more cost effective than sticking with the older model and buying a new node license.

HTH.

Thanks for the reply,

Still it is confusing for me,

As i have one license from cisco

L-CM7.1-7816=          License CM 7.0 7815/7816 Appliance, 500 seats,

so should i upload this to publisher once i get the file from cisco licensing Team

after that i can go ahead with adding subscriber.

Regards,

Ethesham

yes dear....

you are right now.....

after install license add server  adn then u see the license occupied for this server in license page.

amit

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: