Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager Migration 7.1.5 to 9.1 / Trunking : ICT vs. SIP

Hello All,

Currently studying for CCNA Voice and have been asked by my current employer to upgrade CUCM 7.1.5 to 9.1.1. There has been a time frame put on the deployment however I want to dig pretty deep into the deployment to learn as much as possible. I am going to start by configuring a trunk between the 2 call manager clusters. from there I will add users to the new call manager and try to convert slowly to the new call manager instead of one big cutover. I will place a route pattern over the trunk so that cucm 9.1 will route through cucm 7.1 while I slowly convert users to the new system. I will then deploy directory numbers in a Staging partition that is not associated with any CSS. Once I have all users and phones configured on the new 9.1 call manager I want to use the bulk admin tool to change the staging partition to the working internal_PT production partition. The users will be imported from LDAP.  My questions are, does this sound like a feasible plan?  Is there any other difference between a SIP trunk and ICT besides the SIP and H.323 protocol? ( I prefer SIP from what I have read) and will having the same users on both boxes interfere with call processing, if these users and phones are not active yet?

Views
Helpful
Replies