Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager (not express) ACD Queuing Options

jamiejensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a standard Call Manager 4.1 (not express) and would like to add ACD functionality. I'm not talking about creating a call center with tens or hundreds of agents, just simple ACD.

My vendor tells me that the only option is some $50,000-100,000 Call Center package that is WAY more than we need. It would be like buying a rocket motorcycle for my kids to get to school.

I know that the CM Express comes with some basic ACD features. I've worked with Nortel Option PBX's and they come with basic ACD. Is there anything for the Call Manager that doesn't eat my IT budget for the next 5 years that can perform real ACD functions? Not just a linear searching hunt group?

Thank you,

Jamie Jensen

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you know that when you buy CallManager 4.x, it comes with IPCC Express with 5 agents licenses for free?

But if you want basic, explain what kind of basic you are talking about so we can help you.

Hunt groups with options, such as login/logout of a group. (yes you can with CCM 4.2)

Hunt Groups with Least Idled options

Unity can provide some simply ACD options as well.

Press 1 for x

Press 2 for x (maybe ring the hunt group on CCM)

It all depends.... fill us in.

Thanks!

gene
Level 1
Level 1

I am from the Nortel world and now do Cisco. While really like Cisco more in most cases this is one weak spot (basic acd). They are getting better with the login and logout from hunt groups and hunt groups have advanced search options such as broadcast, most idle, etc but what is glaringly missing is queueing and reporting. If you recieved the 5 free agent licence you could co-resident it on the server if that is enough for you.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Call manager express 4.0 comes with a Basic ACD feature, check it out.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00805f22ca.html

jamiejensen
Level 1
Level 1

Gene... 5 free agent licenses??? What? Where? How??

p.bevilacqua - I have call manager and do not need an additional system. However if you would like to purchase a CM Express for us I would be eternally grateful. :D

jamiejensen
Level 1
Level 1

Specifically we want to use ACD to act as a main number call group. We currently have all main number calls ring on a shared extension. However, even though the call rings on all extensions, only certain people answer incoming calls. So there is an unfair workload.

If we were to create a queue calls would be presented based on the queue criteria. Rather than the "I don't feel like answering the call" problems we have now.

If a call were not answered in a certain time period the call should go into the queue again... possibly giving the caller to leave a message or whatever. I'm not sure how complex ACD is with the Call Manager.

I have more than 5 people that would need to be part of this queue however.

What is the cost of agents?

Thanks,

Jamie Jensen

jamiejensen
Level 1
Level 1

Interestingly, now that I have asked my rep about this his answer is "Yes, you are right. We never had occasion to use the included licenses."

Why can't salespeople forget their commisions and actually do the right thing for their customers?

Thanks Folks.

I just found out about that a little bit ago as well, thought i would pass that on.

If you want to distribute the work load, you can do a hunt group with all the numbers for the people that answer the phones. Create a second line on their phone for their hunt group, a pilot number for the group., Then select "Least Idled" I believe it is. When the hunt pilot rings, it will look to see who has not answer a call in longest time. (least idled) This then distributes the work load more.

IPCC Express will get a little more advanced, then you can having queing, all that fun stuff.

cheers