Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager - Phone button template

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have CCM 7 system which I have had admin thrust upon me.  I have an existing Phone Button Template assign by the previous admin which I can see how he has assigned the button type (Speed Dial BLF) but where does the template actually pull the numbers from?  Is there a file somewhere that it references? 

PS: im ok with updating the individual handsets, but this is a large number of phones and hence the template.

Thanks in advance

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dave,

Speed Dial BLF is simply an available button assignment just like a line (DN), it is configured individually for each device as you don't define it to be whatever you want on that device.  If you need multiple phones to have the same BLF destination you can use BAT to assign them in bulk.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dave,

Speed Dial BLF is simply an available button assignment just like a line (DN), it is configured individually for each device as you don't define it to be whatever you want on that device.  If you need multiple phones to have the same BLF destination you can use BAT to assign them in bulk.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,  I hadn't allowed for the CISCO madness factor. 

Am I the only one who thinks that a custom phone template which you apply to each phone profile would have the ability to actually add the numbers rather than mess around with BAT uploads as well?

Cheers for the quick response

Well, you can create a BAT Phone template with BLF set to the desired destination and use it for building additional phones.  When you go to add a new phone you have an option to build it from scratch, or by using a BAT template.

You can alos always simply copy another device or Super Copy it (which copies all line appearances). 

So, typically this is not a concern, at least it never was in my 10 years implementing it, but opinions vary :-)

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: