Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager publisher backup mechanism

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can someone explain what is the best method to backup a publisher server ? Currently I use a spare server that I restore monthly and this server is not connected to the production network, so when publisher server fails, I move the LAN cable to the spare server, and the connection can be directly resolved. I use the same name, and same IP as the publisher server to the spare server

But when I simulate this method, everything works except the replication between subscribers and the spare server. The replication fails because the subscribers are not registered to the spare server. Is this a matter of time ? Anyone expert in SQL explain about this ? Or is there any other method for recovery ?

Thanks all,

Wiyandi

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

The Cisco recommended method is BARS.

Your method looks good to me.

Basically we have the same info that was in the Publisher now in this new server.

What you can do is use DBLhelper.exe to restore all subscriptions, since the subscribers lost them while PUb went down, and replications agreements should be restored.

So, it suppose to be no problem. I cannot find DBLHelper in my Call Manager, but I have got DBLHelper 4.1.0.23 from my friend. I'm using CCM 4.1(3)SR5B. Is it compatible ? Any concerns that need to be addressed when installing this on the publisher ? Thanks.

Wiyandi

Hi,

I'm running CCM4.1(3)SR5b with DBH 4.1.0.23 and no issue at all, it runs very well for 1 year,we migrate to 4.1(3)SR3c then 4.1(3)SR5b and no pb at all.

DBH is very usefull to republish the DB when replication is lost, I'm doing the same solution,I'm running BARS and also have a spare publisher if any HW issue occur on the production pub, but actually I've never tried it in production, that's why I'm very interested by your story, is it the only issue when you start the spare publisher ?

Rgds

Luc

Hi Luc,

Exactly that is the only issue when I tried it. I'll try to use DBL Helper to resolve it. Hope it helps :). Thanks.

Wiyandi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: