cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Remote Destination Profile - Forward extension instead of office phone #

AGAITDEPTatl
Level 1
Level 1

We're using remote destination profiles for Mobility and I'm looking to configure the profile so that shows up on the caller ID on my cell to show the extension of the person calling, instead of just the main office line #.  So if someone from ext 1111 calls, I'd want to see 1111 (or even better the office # and ext since we have several offices, but I'm sure thats a reach), rather than NNN-NNN-NNNN

Apparently this can be done, and apparently at one point we had this configured in testing, but no one can recall how to bring it back and I've played with the settings all I can think of with no luck.

Any input or help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to configure translation patterns that can be reached by the remote destination profile to change the ANI you send or to create specific route patterns only for mobility usage for the same purpose.

Be aware many telcos won't allow you to send a DN you don't own as ANI and might overwrite with something else like the main number.

Make sure you're sending a valid mask to the pstn.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: