cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager - Web call logging and reporting

eric.baines
Level 1
Level 1

We have just upgraded to Call Manager V7.

I want to be able to view Intranet web based call logging reports. Does anyone know if I can do this using Call manager, related Cisco application or if there is a third party application that you would recommend that would work with V7?

In earlier version of call manager, we were able to pull the data out into an MS SQLServer database and write our own ASP/SQLSever reporting services reports (we are pretty much an MS shop, and have some development capability. This was very flexible and I was happy with that - but the move to V7 seemed to reduce the integration and accessibility to our MS network.

Anyone got any good ideas about the way forward for us? I'm sure we can't be the only people who want flexible web based call logging reports out of this system?

Thanks in advance

Eric

5 Replies 5

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

You can use CAR (CDR Analysis and Reporting Tool), which will help you to generate call reports. Cisco CallManager does not have a tool for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_0_1/car/caranrpt.html

Many thanks for that - it looks useful.

I find it a bit odd that something straightforward like call logger reports take a 15 step process to get at - and I'm not sure that I get what I want at the end of it - intranet reports?

I guess the data mut be stored in a database? I was just wondering if there was any way I could get ODBC access to copy it over to an MS database, or soemthing similar? Or even just buy a standard third party product to get the reports?

Sorry - double post!

jking2685
Level 1
Level 1

If you need something more advanced than CAR we have two products that you may be interested in:

TIM Enterprise - Unlimited users and sites

TIM Plus - Up to 400 users and 5 sites

Both products have AXL directory integration, interactive graphs, drillable reports, unlimited web users and display boards.

Directory Sync:

TIM Enterprise overview:

Hi,

I would recomend to use some 3rd party tool - there is more juice in there and you can get information that will help you to scale your network or lines' costs - you can look at my solution www.2ring.com/tas and ask as meny question as you like.

And or you can look at other solutions - some are listed here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2032242

Regards

Jiri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: