cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manger 5.1 to Avaya 8700 h323 gateway busy signal

dthompson09
Level 1
Level 1

I have built a h323 gateway between a CUCM 5 and an Avaya 8700 IP capable PBX and created the appropriate Dial Pattern however when I place a call I still get a busy signal when I dial the number. I have followed the instructions found on this community. It looks like the call in not making it to my primary gateway where I build the dial-peer to the session target.

8 Replies 8

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Do you get the busy signal from Cisco to Avaya or Avaya to Cisco or both direction? Are you the one who is configuring the Avay PBX? Verifiy the following steps and let me know if they are all done. Make sure the Avaya PBX has H.323 trunks available. It's much easier if you connect an H.323 Gateway directly from CUCM to Avaya PBX.

Configuration in Avaya PBX

• Administer system parameters features

• Administer IP node names

• Administer IP interface and data module

• Administer IP codec sets and network regions

• Administer H.323 trunk groups and signaling groups

• Administer H.323 trunk group members and route patterns

• Administer location and public unknown numbering

• Administer uniform dial plan and AAR analysis

Configuration in CUCM

• Administer media resource group

• Administer media resource group list

• Administer H.323 Gateway

• Administer Location

• Administer Region & Codec

• Administer route pattern

MK

I have worked with the tech that has configured the Avaya and he built the groups according to the Tech Note: Configuring H.323 IP trunk

between Cisco Call Manager and Avaya

S8700/G600 and when i built the gateway as called for in ht edoc I get a time out busy signal and I can not see the call on my gate way. do I have to configure h323 to h323 on my 2821 cisco gateway.

Yes, you need to configure H.323 to H.323 in the voice class. Are you able to dial from Avaya to Cisco?

I still recommand you to connect the CUCM to Avaya PBX using an H.323 Gateway through CUCM administration page.

MK

I have configured a h323 gateway on the call manager when I created the route pattern I set it to thte IP address of the Clan on the Avaya. I have it configured as a standard h323 gateway with the calling search space of my gateway gorup. I can send your the config for the h323 gateway and route pattern if you would like this would not let me attach teh doc.

Your didn't answer my question. Are you able to dial from Avaya to Cisco?

Has the following been configured in the gateway?

1) Media Termination Point Required

2) Enable Inbound FastStart

3) Enable Outbound FastStart

4) Codec For Outbound FastStart: G711

MK

I have not been able to complete a call from either directions as of yet.

I have configured the MTP and fast start both ways using the 711 codec however My region is set up with a 729 codec.

Honestly, the configuration in CUCM is the easiest part of the Cisco-Avaya integration. The big part is in Avaya PBX side. Are you sure the H.323 trunk from Avaya to Cisco is up and the members are all in service. Each H.323 call from Avaya to Cisco takes 2 members. Make sure the H.323 trunk configured in Avaya has more than 2 members and they are all in service.

The following example shows that I have a H.323 trunk group 8 which has 10 members and they are all in service/Idle. You need to make sure the trunk connected to you CUCM is up and the members(minimum 2) are in service. Ask the Avaya guy to confirm it or send you the output of the "Status trunk command.

Status trunk-group 8

Member Port Service State Mtce Connected Ports

Busy

08/01 T00001 in-service/idle no

08/02 T00002 in-service/idle no

08/03 T00003 in-service/idle no

08/04 T00004 in-service/idle no

08/05 T00005 in-service/idle no

08/06 T00006 in-service/idle no

08/07 T00007 in-service/idle no

08/08 T00008 in-service/idle no

08/09 T00009 in-service/idle no

08/10 T00010 in-service/idle no

I have completed the install of my H323 gateway I found that you have to create 2 trunk groups on the Avaya one inbound and one outbound and the call completed. Once the 2 trunk groups where configured it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: