Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manger Subscriber

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I just shutdown the publisher to check the HA works perfect or not, when the PUB was completely shut the phone were up and running but they were not able to calls external,

Before shutting down i did some configs on PUB and just went through to check in SUB, but all configs were replicated also checked the gateway config replicated perfectly,

when i dial a external GSM number i get a busy tone, Enabled a debug on gateway to see any call hit count from call manager but there were no hits counts,

when my both PUBLISHER  and SUBSCRIBER are up and running fine, on my phones the 1st TFTP server seen is the subsciber and the 2nd TFTP server seen as publisher.why that so?????

Is the problem in DB of the subscrber???

Thanks

31 Replies 31

you can verify by shutting down the port on the switch and test.

you need to wait I think, may be you can shut the publisher dial-peer and do a test. it will give an indication

HTH

Anas

please rate all helpful posts

Dear Anas,

Thanks for back to back reply currently it's peak time if some thing happen wrong everybody will jump on me,I am afraid to that i will update tomorrow, please follow up  my post incase it did'nt work,AND

If it works sure you will see the ratings (+5)

Thanks

Dear Clark,

you are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help you and my colleagues in the community.

this community help me a lot

Do your tests after working hours. it is a rule of thumb to take down time for testing.

Good Luck.

I will wait your feedback

HTH

Anas

Hi Clark,

In addition to tips from Mr. Anas, u can also try stopping CCM service on Publisher since the configuration and DB Replication seems to be OK.

regds,

aman

Thank you everybody who is contributing to solve my problem,

Still the problem persist, i am not able to call from subscriber the call even is not reachng to gateway , I have started debugs on VG but nothing is seen.

Internal calling works perfect.

Thanks

Hi Clark,

did you check the inbound call ?

Regards

Anas

yes i chk the inbound calls were not working too.

thanks

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi clark,

really your issue is wired. it is basic HA scenario. do you assign MTP of the PUB and SUB in MRG. are they registered ?

HTH

Anas

Hello Anas,

NO i didnt assign MTP of the PUB and SUB in MRG.

Anas, after installing the PUB and SUB i changed their name to IP address, still the DB runtimestate posted in previous reply is showing the hostname what i feed at the time of installation, is it ok or you suspect something in that.

Thanks

Hi Clark,

it is normal, to change the name to ip address. the dbreplication is good.

can you bing the subscriber from the gateway ? I know it is a basic troubleshooting. but really I am confused from your case.

did you enable the same services on PUB and SUB ?

HTH

Anas

Hello clark

Can you log to your Sub IP address and check your H323 GW  status and press reset button. and check if you see that on the IP address field the IP address of your GW.IF you see unknown please press reset.This is just an idea.

Thank you

islam

Hi Clark,

Just try deleting H.323 Gateway and add it again in CUCM.Please refer th elink.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24318

I would suggest to create a separate Call Manager group and check.

regds,

aman

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Clark,

I did find this bug that references your build 8.6.2-20000.2 specifically;

CSCty54591

Issue with Failover when CUCM Groups on Trunk and Route List are different

Symptom:

Calls fail when the when CUCM Groups on Trunk and Route List are different during a node failover.

and duplicate

RL fails to pick local subscription when remote node goes OOS

CSCty51130

Symptom:

Routelist does not process calls, does not extend to available route group member.

Conditions:

CUCM 8.X

Example of condition this will occur:

Routelist configured and contains trunk,

Routelist runs on all active nodes

Trunk has CCM group with 2 nodes, B and C

Trunk is running on all active CM nodes.

Bring up the CCMs in the following order : A-B-C.

Let Node B go OOS

After  this event RL on A will reject calls although it still has connectivity  with C and and even though the trunk config is local to A.

Workaround:

Reset trunk

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Hey Everybody,

Thank you everybody for replying my post.

Islam's reset worked like a stream i am very glad that it the cluster is working fine,

Why the ip address is seen unknown in subscriber ???

But if suppose if i am out of office, nobody will reset a gateway for me, how can i solve it without reset if incase when publisher fails and i am out of office. Is it i have to upload a patch for the BUG.

Dear Aman,

when i try to delete it gave me the attached eror.

Hello clark

Congratulation for you , i am so happy that you solved your issue and many thanks for everyone post a useful information.Please clark if you have any issue , try to give us more details.

Thanks

islam

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: