Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Mgr license for lab use??

Does anyone know if there's a Call mgr and Unity license set available for purchase for say 3 phones in call mgr and 3 mailboxes in unity for lab usage? I'm building up my voice lab so that I can prepare for my ccie voice lab, and I'd like to buy the software and licenses needed for this.

Obviously, I don't need a 100 user full license to accomplish this. I've found IBM servers that suit the bill nicely, fairly inexpensive, just need the software.

Thanks, Jeff

3 REPLIES

Re: Call Mgr license for lab use??

Unity comes with a 10 user demo license or even you can register for a demo unity license (90 day or 60 day ones).

With Callmanager, 4.x and below, there is no license enforcement. So you buy the server, software and a license (on paper) per phone. Each license is 150 $ for a 7960/70/40 etc and 80$ for 7912/05 etc.

With Callmanaget 5.x there is license enforcement. The system doesnt come with any free license. You have to purchase a Device license Unit (DLU). For a 7960/40 class phone, 4 DLUs are required. For a 7905/7912 only 2 DLUs are required. So if you want 3 phones to be added, you need 12 DLUs for a 5.x callmanager system. A single DLU is almost 50$ a pop..

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

thanks.

Do you know where I can buy said licenses? Direct from Cisco? Or is this something that once I pass my CCIE Voice written, the license purchase can happen?

-Jeff

You can buy this off any Cisco partner / reseller in your area.

Use this link.

http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/jsp/partner_locator.jsp

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content