cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Park does not work for external calls.

MRumale
Level 1
Level 1

A strange problem. I am able to place internal calls on park and retrieve it from other phones. When I try to place an external call on park, I get an error "There's no call park number available"

10 Replies 10

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Are you using an H.323 GW? If yes, make sure to have the "Media Termination Point Required" box checked to enable the supplementary services.

HTH

//Jorge

MGCP GW. Both the Pub and Sub have the same set of park range.

You must have different ranges on PUB and SUB, is the GW registered to the same server as the IP Phone trying to park the call?

The call park ranges configured on Pub and Sub are exactly the same. The phones are registered to Sub and the gateway is registered to the Pub.

I am sorry. The Call Park is created only on the Pub. No Call Park on the Sub.

Call Park is a per server function, not a cluster wide function. You must have Call Park created on both the Publisher and any Subscriber to which you have devices registering.

zpadilla
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure the calling search space of the gateway includes the partition of the call park group.

daiku
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I'm having the exact same one - I see a bunch of questions below on the thread, but nothing marked as solving the problem.

The problem with call park

is that a number range is only "owned" by one server in the CallManager cluster. This

effectively means that each server running the CCM service in the cluster needs to have a

call park number range associated with it in case it gets asked to park a call. If a phone

is registered to server A and a call has come from the GW / HSI / Gatekeeper into server B

from the PSTN and the phone user presses the park button then server A will ask server B

to park the call and server B needs to have a number range allocated to it to do so.

What this means in practice is that all servers in the CCM cluster running the ccm service

need to have call park number ranges configured. This is complicated in the abbey case due

to the partitioning (i.e. call park numbers in different branches overlap and are

configured within a branch partition).

To stick with the partitioning model (means that a call parked within one branch can only

be picked up within the branch) you therefore need to configure one call park number range

per server in the cluster and per branch.

HTH

//Jorge

Yes, all you guys, thanks for the help. The problem is resolved. The cause of the problem is the gateways are registered to the sub and all the phones in the organization are registered to the pub. We had created the call park only on the pub and hence the call park between the phones worked just fine. But, any in-bound calls were not able to put on call-park. As soon as we created a set of call-parks on the sub the problem got resolved. Thanks a ton guys!!!