cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Park

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

If one user puts a caller in Call Park and another user puts a caller in Call Park and only one number is assigned for Call Park, how do you know what caller you are getting when you try to pick up the caller from the Call Park?

5 Replies 5

mesolak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can park only one call at each call park extension number.

To configure a range of callpark numbers you can use wildcards such as X.

hth

regards

mehmet

How do you know which caller is on which Call Park Number?

mesolak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this information is available on the phone display if you park a call "Parked at " Watch on your phone display during initiating call park.

Remember this number and dial this from an other phone to take the call again.

regards

mehmet

Let's say you Call Park some one at # 2000 and I Call Park some one at # 2000 not knowing that you did. How would each of us know who was on the phone when we tried to pick it back up?

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

I have been searching for a way to accomplish this and it can be done programmatically via TAPI/JTAPI and I know of a couple third party developers that have integrated a third-party parking lot viewer into their applications. One example of this is with the classic, now EOL, Cisco Attendant Console. I don't know of any that are standalone or extend this to give visability of who is parked to the phone display. Anyone know of anything?

On a related note, there is a Directed Call Park that can be assigned to a Busy Lamp Field (BLF) button that shows the status, but does not show who is parked -- problem is if you have multiple DCP BLFs how do you keep track of who is paked where? Is there a way to programatically monitor DCPs?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: