Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

call pickup and caller id behavior

Hi,

Following setup:

Ext - 1000

Display internal ID: User - 1

ASCII internal caller id: Company XYZ

When 1000 calls out to PSTN, the destination party correctly sees Display as "Company XYZ".

When 1000 calls internal, the destination party correctly sees Display as "User - 1".

When someone internally/externally calls ext 1000 and there are other users in the call-pickup group, they see on their phone:

- Caller Name -> Company XYZ.

Requirement is to see the following on the Call pickup display while maintaining the display on external calls as "Company XYZ".

-  Caller Name --> User - 1.

I tried various combinations in CCM 4.1 and 8.0, found same results as explained above.

It seems to be working as design however I've a client who wants to display the actuall internall called party's name in the Call pickup while retaining the Company Name for external calls.

The Gateway is MGCP/PRI and there are different groups wiithin the same company who displayes different Company name for external calls, so I can't really ask the Telco to put the Company Name as "Company XYZ".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kapil

2 REPLIES
Silver

Did you try to use another value of your Display internal ID?

---

Posted by WebUser JanMark Francisco

Yes, I tried various combinations. Tried putting AlphaNumeric characters and only alphabets but same result.

Views
Helpful
Replies