Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup with auto pickup set

darren.staples
Level 1
Level 1

in CCM 4.1(3)sr3c

(o/s is 2000.4.3asr2)

if we use call pickup as normal (press pickup softkey then press answer key) the CLID is displayed. But if we set the service setting for auto pickup (illiminates the answer key step) the CLID doesn't display.

We tried this in a 4.2(1) lab and it works fine. Is there something else that needs to be set in 4.1(3) ?

cheers

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

do u have issues with internal calls or PSTN calls ??

If this is happening with PSTN calls only, can u let us know if the GW is configured for H.323 or MGCP ?

MGCP

happens on PSTN calls - have not tried as internal call - yet (never used this way).

I will try it the next time I am VPN'd in to the site. should be later today.

thx

any thoughts on the cause. Is this a bug in 4.1(3) and resolved in 4.2(3) ? or just something mis-configured.

Hi Darren,

I'm pretty sure this functionality was just added in CCM 4.2(1). Have a look at these release notes;

Call Pickup Notification

This new feature allows users to receive an audio and/or visual alert when a call rings on a phone in pickup groups in which they are a member. For multiple line phones, the alert is available for pickup groups associated with the primary line only.

You can configure the following notification parameters in the Call Pickup Group Configuration window:

Type of notification (audio, visual, both, or neither)

Content of the visual notification message (called party identification, calling party identification, both, or neither)

Number of seconds delay between the time the call comes into the original called party and the notification to the rest of the call pickup group members

From this 4.2.1 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00805f1470.html#wp2448574

Hope this helps!

Rob

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

There are always several bugs with CallPickup.

Check the ReadMe File for the CCM SR4 patch, and you'll see that it fixes 2 or 3 of them.

kr

jp