Views
Helpful
Replies

Call presenting one-way audio after any time the converstation start

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer is having the following problem. The Users start the external conversation  and after any minutes the conversation stay mute for one side. The User not complain about call in internal site or to another sites, only local calls or long distance. Any have idea to start the troubleshooting? I speaking with the Carrier.

Thanks,

Wilson

3 Replies 3

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wilsonsant

As you mentioned, it looks there is no issue for ON-Net calls, only long distance and local calls are affected.

Kindly let me know if calls are routed using MGCP/H323/SIP/CUBE Gateway.

Call Flow : IP PHone-- > CUCM --->MGCP/H323/SIP/CUBE-->Provider(ITSP/TDM)---Called Party

Is it happening for incoming or outgoing calls or both ?

Based on your call flow identify if calling Party or called party facing one way audio or both?

After how many minutes of calls one way audio starts? does it stop after some time or call mute is constantly ?

Does it happen during peak hours or randomly?

Do you have QOS implemented in your environment ?

Any recent changes made to Network, QOS policy, Firewall/ACL policy?

What is the codec used in your environment for longs distance calls  G729/G711 ?

If you experience issue during peak hours, verify bandwidth assigned, DSPs on Edge device ?

Collect PCAP from source and destinations and analyze the stream, you will see from where this issue is happening ? possibly network?

Based on above Ques/Ans you will be able to isolate your issue and you can proceed accordingly, if not open a TAC case.

Regards,

Prassha3

Please rate you find it helpful 

Hi Prashant,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Answering Your questions:

As you mentioned, it looks there is no issue for ON-Net calls, only long distance and local calls are affected.

Kindly let me know if calls are routed using MGCP/H323/SIP/CUBE Gateway.

SIP and CUBE Gateway

Call Flow : IP PHone-- > CUCM --->MGCP/H323/SIP/CUBE-->Provider(ITSP/TDM)---Called Party

SIP/CUBE-->Provider(ITSP/TDM)---Called Party

Is it happening for incoming or outgoing calls or both ?

both

Based on your call flow identify if calling Party or called party facing one way audio or both?

Called Party

After how many minutes of calls one way audio starts? does it stop after some time or call mute is constantly?

The User informed that aproximatelly 03 minutes after start conversation. After this time the call mutye constantly

Does it happen during peak hours or randomly?

Any time

Do you have QOS implemented in your environment?

Yes

Any recent changes made to Network, QOS policy, Firewall/ACL policy?

No

What is the codec used in your environment for longs distance calls G729/G711?

G711

If you experience issue during peak hours, verify bandwidth assigned, DSPs on Edge device?

No, is possible verify this about command

Collect PCAP from source and destinations and analyze the stream, you will see from where this issue is happening? possibly network?

Unfortunatelly I don´t have profile of Administrator about my machine. Yes, I believe that can be network issues. As identify this?

Based on above Ques/Ans you will be able to isolate your issue and you can proceed accordingly, if not open a TAC case.

OK

Hi Wilsonsant
Thanks for your reply. Audio quality issues take some time for investigations and it involve lot of initial diagnosis. It looks like some network issue, if its not possible for you to collect the PCAP, can you verify when call is placed and you are experiencing quality issue. You can verify Packet drops from Calling user's phone, check if there is a drop in TX or RX packets from users phone Call Statistics. If there is a packet drop, you can involve your network team for further investigations.

It will be better if you collect PCAP for speedy resolution.

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: