cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Recording on 7961

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

I just recently upgraded the firmware on my 7961 phones and now my call recording system fails to record outbound calls on the 7961s.  The rest of my phones 7940s/7960s work just fine.

7961 SCCP 8.5.4 -> 7961 SCCP 9.0.3  Outbound call recording fails after FW upgrade

UCM: 7.1.2.20000-2

As a test I downgraded the firmware to SCCP 8.5.4 and the call recordings worked just fine.

The call recoding system indicates the following:  Test done from the same phone dialing the same external LD number on the same gateway

FW 8.5.4   - > Recording works -> Protocol SCCP

FM 9.0.3   - > Recording fails  -> Protocol MGCP

Has anyone else had problem with SCCP 7961 phones w/FW 9.0.3 on other call recording systems.  Any suggestion on how to resolve or troubleshoot this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to bring the issue to the recording vendor. They often have problem when cisco changes the signalling protocl version.

But most likely they will tell you to keep 8.5.x for now.

If you wanted to verify what protocol version (SCCP version) if being used between those firmware versions you can follow this guide: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8131.

The problem is happening with two differnet call recording vendors so that leads me believe that its an issue with UCM or the firmware.

On a seperate case/issue, TAC has requested that I update to the mose current firmware to resolve another issue with the 7961 phones.

joe.conger wrote:

The problem is happening with two differnet call recording vendors so that leads me believe that its an issue with UCM or the firmware.

I don't thinks so, since everything is working on the CUCM itself, Cisco has no issue. More likely, both recording vendors are unable to handle messages with an newer SCCP protocol version.

On a seperate case/issue, TAC has requested that I update to the mose current firmware to resolve another issue with the 7961 phones.

That you can certainly do, with the consequence that call recording will stop working.

You can also ask Cisco to provide a solution in 8.5 firmware, due to third-party compatibility constrains.