Call recording sometimes fails when phones registered on different CUCM
Hi to all.
We have problem with occasional missing RTP stream from phone to recorder. This happens only when recording phone is not in same CUCM Group with remote phone (that is not recorded), eg. not registered on same subscriber.
Our setup is as follows:
- 1 publisher + 1 subscriber on one locatian
- 3 subscribers on 3 different locations
- CUCM version 22.214.171.124094-1 (special release with some other bugfixes)
- 4 CUCM Groups for registering phones
- 4 CUCM Groups for some other purposes
- more than 150 regions and device pools
We have done some intensive testing in our LAB environment with this setup:
- 1 publisher + 2 subscribers in same location
- 3 regions, 3 device pools
- PhoneA that is recorded in device pool A, using CUCM group A (subscriber 1)
- PhoneB that is not recorded in device pool B, using different CUCM groups
- SIP Trunk to recorder in device pool A, using CUCM group A
We came with following conclusions:
1. when PhoneB is in CUCM group that uses primary same CUCM for registering (subscriber 1), calls are ALWAYS recorded
2. when PhoneB is in CUCM group that uses primary different CUCM for registering (publisher or subscriber2), calls are SOMETIMES not recorded (in 10 calls including same setup there may be 2 or 3 calls not recorded)
We thougth that there may be some problem with recorder device, transcoding/codec problem...but with intensive testing with different regions, device pools, codecs, with or without transcoders, we allways get same pattern that I described above.
We also monitored network traffic, logs on phones, CUCM and recorder so conclusion is that when recording fails, CUCM actually sends SIP BY message to recorder with "reason protocol: Q.850, reason cause: 47, reason text: null" in SIP message.
This SIP BY message is sent just few miliseconds after accepting SIP connection.
This is a hardest kind of problem, because there is no specific case when ALL calls are not recorded....just SOME calls are not recorded using same setup (case number 2 from above) so it is very difficult to isolate problem.
And here is a log from phone:
6130: NOT 15:52:35.437424 DSP: TRSTREAM, isrEgressReqDiscardpreStreaming 0
6131: NOT 15:52:35.452400 DSP: STREAM- OpenIngressChan- ChanType 1, Remote (host afa6535, port 491a), medType 12, Period 20, VAD 0, TOS b8, stream (37220752, 37220756) --> chan 1
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...
This document describe how DST changes and how time changes are
implemented in DST. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the practice of
setting the clocks forward 1 hour from standard time during the summer
months, and back again in the fall, in order to make b...