cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Recording tone with Cisco IP Phone BIB - tone is also recorded?

Hi Team,

We are proposing Cisco CUCM for one of my client whose business type is financial organization, so they need beep tone on each incoming/outgoing calls as a legal compliance. They must need the call recording tone to be audible & get recorded on third party call recorders like Verint/ASC. This organization will need to send a sample recorded file each month where beep tone would be audible while reviewing the call recording. Question is, if the recorder takes help of IP Phone BIB for call recording, will it receive the beep tone along with voice packets so that the beep tone also get recorded? This call recording company is confirming that they can record the tone only if Cisco sends the tone along with voice packet. 

Anyone having such type of experience?

BR,

Mijanur Rahman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Filter the capture for RTP first by typing "rtp" in the Filter bar and hitting enter.  Then go to Telephony->RTP->Stream Analysis.  In the new window that opens up, click the "Player" button.  In the new window that opens up, click the "Decode" button.  Then select the checkbox next to both streams and click "Play".

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Tested with a 9971 and it did record the beep.  Capture attached for reference.

Hi Brian,

I opened the file in wireshark, can you please advise which sequence refers to the beep tone?

Filter the capture for RTP first by typing "rtp" in the Filter bar and hitting enter.  Then go to Telephony->RTP->Stream Analysis.  In the new window that opens up, click the "Player" button.  In the new window that opens up, click the "Decode" button.  Then select the checkbox next to both streams and click "Play".

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply and its really helpful. Yes i could analyze with WireShark & playback the RTP stream. Saving the RTP stream with 'RTP Analyzer' was not successfull, i was only getting some disturbed voice stream - i really dont know why. Then I recorded the playback sound using windows sound recorder by changing default recording device to 'Rec Playback'.

Thanks again and appreciate your help.

Here's a WAV file of the recording.  Under RTP Stream Analysis, you can click "Save payload" and select the format as ".au" and select Channels as "both".  You can then open the file in an audio editing program such as Audacity and use that to export as a WAV file.  If you export as raw format, it's a little more complicated to import the audio into Audacity.

Great!

I was not selecting channels='both', the words 'forward'/'reversed' confused me...

Thanks again!