cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Recording Verint issue only for internal calls

SCOTT JORDAN
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with the install of Verint call recorder. We have CUCM 7 and setup DMS on te required phones, created CTI route point (ext4355) and created JTAPI user as described by Verint guide.

The recording works from the recorded phone to external calls and from a non recorded phone to recorded phone without a problem. The issue is from a recorded phone to internal non recorded phone. Verint is saying they don't see CTI on those calls. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Did you disable the G722 codec from Service Parameters/Enterprise Parameters for the phones?

issue fixed. It was a Veriint config issue.

Hi

I'm integrating UCM 7.1.3 with Verint DMS call recording solution

MoH and Conferencing does'nt work. I think this may be down to the phone configuration.

I would really appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

Under phone configuration page did you disable the  Privacy settings (its on by default)?

Did you have any issues with MoH and CFB?

Thanks

Hello Scott,

Do you know what Verint configured in order to allow recording between internal extensions?

Regards,

ehusmann01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We (AXIANS) have a customer with the same setup:

Cisco Unified Communications manager 7.1(2)SU1

Could explain to me in witch scenario you had the Verint recording issues? Do you have a Verint case number of this issue?

Thanks for your input. In my status we have daily a conference call with Verint  for 2 week now, without any solution. Your input will be appreciated.

Regards,

Emile Husmann

ehusmann@axians.nl

Hi Emile

I had the same probelm with Verint; I got the impression that they had not come across this issue before.

In the end I managed to work out what the issue was using CCM traces /wireshark/phone stats (Settings>Phone Status>Call Statistcs):

The issue was down to a codec issue.....

Even though all of the phones were in the same 'G711' region; by default the phones negotiate G.722 codec. The Verint recorder supports G.711 but not G.722, hence the recording between internal calls failed.

To get round the issues I set the Service Parameter 'G722 Codec Enabled' to ‘Enabled for All Devices Except Recording-Enabled Devices'.

I also found the following document very useful document (in particular the section on 'Limit Codec Usage for Recording Calls'):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.pdf

Please rate helpful posts

Gurmakh

Hi Gsidhu,

thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately we I already tried this setting on all phones changing the codec.

I hope Schot can discribes his solution and the scenario of his issue.

Regards,

Emile Husmann

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: