cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call reporting

rbdrake22
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a solution to either dump call manager call record data directly to SQL or some way to extract data from call manager 7.  I have looked around the forums and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The CUCM CDR process is not going to be able to support a direct data dump to SQL.  Your best option is to stand up a server to receive CDR records from the CUCM cluster.  You would need to run FTP or SFTP on the server (I recommend SFTP) and then add the server as a billing server on the CUCM cluster (Tools->CDR Management) under the CUCM Serviceability page.

Once you have this done, I recommend setting the "CDR File Interval" parameter under Enterprise Parameters to something like 60.  This parameter specifies the time interval (in minutes) that the CDR repository service on CUCM collects CDRs and sends them to the billing server.   Getting 1,440 files in a 24 hour period (using the default CDR File Interval) may not be desirable.

Once you set this up you will start receiving the flat files which contain the calls.  Each record in the file is a CSV delimited record.  The first line of the file gives you the record headers.  You could then develop some routine that parses the CDRs and pushes them into your SQL table.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The CUCM CDR process is not going to be able to support a direct data dump to SQL.  Your best option is to stand up a server to receive CDR records from the CUCM cluster.  You would need to run FTP or SFTP on the server (I recommend SFTP) and then add the server as a billing server on the CUCM cluster (Tools->CDR Management) under the CUCM Serviceability page.

Once you have this done, I recommend setting the "CDR File Interval" parameter under Enterprise Parameters to something like 60.  This parameter specifies the time interval (in minutes) that the CDR repository service on CUCM collects CDRs and sends them to the billing server.   Getting 1,440 files in a 24 hour period (using the default CDR File Interval) may not be desirable.

Once you set this up you will start receiving the flat files which contain the calls.  Each record in the file is a CSV delimited record.  The first line of the file gives you the record headers.  You could then develop some routine that parses the CDRs and pushes them into your SQL table.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: