Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call restriction on CME

Hi,

I want to implement call restriction using after hours and login timeout on CME4.0. This will enable users enter a PIN after hours before a call can complete. I've implemented it and it seems not to be working. What is it that I'm doing wrong.

I'll definately rate a working post.

Regards,

Kayode

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Call restriction on CME

Please describe symptoms of "not working" and post your configuration here.

"not working" means i still get same behaviour after I setup after hours and login timeout. Users can still make calls without CME requesting for a PIN for them to make outbound calls.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi,

the thing is that enabling login requires more than one command, this is why I was requesting you post the config here, to see what is missing.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Kayode,

Maybe you are hitting this restriction;

Blocking patterns that are created with the 7-24 keyword in the after-hours block pattern command are in effect 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and they cannot be overridden by using a PIN.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad857.html#wp2184780

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Paolo, you are far too fast for my sub-standard typing skills :)

Thanks Rob but this is not what I really wanted eventhough I've gone through this before now.

I'll work on the Block Pattern.

Regards,

Kayode

Views
Helpful
Replies