cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing CME

mark_gardner
Level 1
Level 1

I have four seperate analog lines coming into the router to a 4FXO card, in addition I have a VWIC2-1MFT-g703 card and a EVM-HDA-8FXS card installed, the four analog lines have there own numbers assigned, the E1 has a ddi range coming in with some additonal numbers overlayed, I want the analog extensions to go out the FXO ports to the PSTN and the IP phones to go out the E1.

I know I could create two different dial-peers with different prefixes going out different ports, The analog phones would dial say an 8 to get out and the ip phones a 9 and the call would be picked up by the relevant dial peer and routed out the correct port.

Unfortunately the client only wants to dial a 9 to get out.

How could I achieve this ?

Could this be done with cor lists ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No cor list.

The "trick" is that you will insert a prefix (like 91, 92, etc) that will route the call to different ports depending on the phone that is calling out.

For ephones, the translation-profile is set at ephone level, for analog ports, ad dial-peer level with the answer-address command.

In both cases, it's the outgoing dial-peer pots that removes the prefix with a another translation-profile and rule.

The following document has all the details:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No cor list.

The "trick" is that you will insert a prefix (like 91, 92, etc) that will route the call to different ports depending on the phone that is calling out.

For ephones, the translation-profile is set at ephone level, for analog ports, ad dial-peer level with the answer-address command.

In both cases, it's the outgoing dial-peer pots that removes the prefix with a another translation-profile and rule.

The following document has all the details:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

Good link paolo, I think this is what im after. Thanks will update when I try it out.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: