Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing issue with 9.@

Justin Hale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Im setting up a CUCM8.5 system in the UK. for the most part, things are working well

as not to reinvent the wheel, we decided to use the GBNP (3.1.16). this is not working for some reason.

i am trying to call Australian based numbers 0061xxxxxxxxx

i have created pattern 9.@ and put into a partion call UK-LON-PSTN-PT.

this pattern points to a RL/RG > pointing to a H323 gateway.

the CSS on my phone has access to the partition.

i dial 9 (outside line), then when the first 0 is pressed, i get "your call could not be completed as dialed".

i have setup a test Pattern 9.00! and put in the same partiion as 9.@ and point to the same RL/RG. i can then make these calls without issues.

i have several instances of the 9.@ pattern, all in different partitions (for filtering of certain numbers, with route filters). these all have an "exceed Precidence level" so im sure these are not being hit.

i have enable the following debugging. but nothing is showing up at all, so it appears the call is not exiting the CUCM at all.

debug isdn q931

debug voice ccapi inout

does anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Just as a test - try registering a handset to the publisher and running the call again.

Usually if the @ pattern doesn't work it's an install issue on the sub (not installed, or not 'activated' by browsing to ccmadmin/call routing/dial plan installer/ directly on that subscriber).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

Use 9.00! pattern.

9.@ conflict with another 9.XXXXXXX  patterns like LD,PSTN and etc.

You can easy see what's going on with DNA tool.

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Justin,

Hope this is not a stupid question.

Under the Route Pattern Configuration

Pattern 9.@

Have you selected the GBNP in the NUMBERING PLAN field

Just to let you know I have ongoing issues with TAC/Developement re

UK dial plans above Version 2-1-16 for CUCM 6.

Waiting Cisco to reolve many issues re Text relay for (Deaf & Dumb Users)

Wrong ISDN number types being sent

Versiomn 18 wont install on subs even when it is definately on the pb

etc etc.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Justin Hale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have no other 9.XXXXXXXX patterns at all and have no conflicts that i can see.

also the GBNP is definitely installed and active on the Patterns.

i have setup a cluster in Australia using the same method, e.g. AUNP and using 0.@ and i have no probs at all.

as mentioned, i didnt want to re-invent the wheel and create all the route patterns manually.

i am tempted to try a different version but 3.1.16 should be OK

DNA shows the exact same call flow, when using 9.@ and 9.00!

one thing i did notice, then when i do the DNA on my CCM in Australia, (using the 0.@) i can see my "external Phone mask applied in the DNA output", im not sure why this is not happening on the UK CUCM.

ugghhh,..may have to call TAC

Hi

Just as a test - try registering a handset to the publisher and running the call again.

Usually if the @ pattern doesn't work it's an install issue on the sub (not installed, or not 'activated' by browsing to ccmadmin/call routing/dial plan installer/ directly on that subscriber).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

thanks for that.

mate, the GBNP was installed on all nodes in the cluster. i uninstalled/reinstalled the dial plan on the affected node then restarted CM service.

it now works,.....Unbelievable.

thanks again

All's well that ends well, as we say. I can't count the number of times I've hit similar issues myself :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: