cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing query - config question

mark-cummings
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there. I have a CUCM 6.1 cluster with 10 remote MGCP sites. To save costs, what i was wanting to do is put in a translation pattern for each sites full number range to their DN:-

eg London:-

0207104XXXX to 77XXXX

This would cut costs for all sites who are in bad habit of calling full numbers rather than DN's.

I see an issue though....If a remote site, say London again, has rtheir WAn go down and are forced into SRST mode, then when someone in CUCM Cluster calls their full number, it will be trabslateed to their DN and then go to voicemial because phones will not be registered in CUCM.

How can we get around the GW atate to ensure the call is routed (and translated or not) correctly?

All help is uber appreciated :-)

Mark Cummings

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark,

Here are a few ways I can think of to handle this:

1. As you suggested, forward calls to a different number that would hit a different route pattern and be sent out a gateway.

2. Forward calls to the same number, but configure a calling search space for Forward Unregistered that has access to a route pattern that sends the call out a gateway.

3. Configure the Forward Unregistered destination as another number at the branch, such as the main phone number assuming you don't have this translated as well.

I think your original suggestion would work well.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use the "Forward Unregistered" setting in DN configuration to set a destination to forward calls when the phone is not registered.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon. Bery much appreciate your quick response. Would this not send the call into a loop?

eg

a) call 902071042926

b) TP to 772926

c) 772926 Unregistered

d) Forward to 902071042926

......back to step a) and creates a loop

Or, while typing this I have come up an alternative:-

a) call 902071042926

b) TP to 772926

c) 772926 Unregistered

d) Forward to 02071042926

e) RP 0207104XXXX

f) send to GW\RL

This would then not create a Loop - correct?

Or am I missing some understanding in your original suggestion?

Regards

Mark Cummings

Mark,

Here are a few ways I can think of to handle this:

1. As you suggested, forward calls to a different number that would hit a different route pattern and be sent out a gateway.

2. Forward calls to the same number, but configure a calling search space for Forward Unregistered that has access to a route pattern that sends the call out a gateway.

3. Configure the Forward Unregistered destination as another number at the branch, such as the main phone number assuming you don't have this translated as well.

I think your original suggestion would work well.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon,

Great your solution, but I have a doubt:

Example: SiteA, SiteB and SiteC

Ext. SiteA in SRST. How do I get Ext. SiteB use CFUR via PSTN Gateway_SiteB and Ext. SiteC use CFUR via PSTN Gateway_SiteC ?

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

If you configure Forward Unregistered as mentioned above to forward calls to a diiferent number when the phone is not registered, this will take care of your concern.

Example:

DN - 1111

E.164 - 1234561111

Translation pattern - 91234561111 > 1111

Forward Unregistered destination - 81234561111

So, normally when a user calls 9123456111, CCM translates this to 1111 and sends the call over the WAN. However, when the phone is unregistered the call will be sent to 81234561111. You would then have route patterns in different partitions for 81234561111 for each site. When a caller in SiteB dials the number, the call will be routed using the route pattern in the partition accessible by their calling search space and will be sent out the local gateway.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon,

In this example you told me:

SiteB->91234561111->TP=1111->CFUR=81234561111->GW_SiteB->PSTN->GW_SiteA

SiteC->91234561111->TP=1111->CFUR=81234561111->GW_SiteC->PSTN->GW_SiteA

How to make the call go to GW for each site, because I set a only CSS for CFUR in extension, and if it goes to CSS the call is not routed to any destination.

Understend ?

Thanks,

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: