Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing to assistent than to own VoiceMail

cco_heerema
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a way to get a call routed to a secretary if the number of a manager is not answered, But if the secretary is bussy or also not answering the call should go to the voicemail of the manager.

I am using CCME 4.0.1 and guessing I have to look in the Hunt "corner" but I cannot find how to configure, the call after routing to the secretary route back to the voicemail of the initial dialed extension.

Anybody knows if this is possible and how ?

Thanks !

3 Replies 3

waynetall
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Many ways can do this. Here is one of the way:

Use the second line for the secretary to address this scenario. Also config a dn with call forward all to VM.

Call flow will be like this:

Outside call--> manager 1001,if noan/busy-->secretary second line 1003-->if secretary noan/busy-->1101, config 1101 with call forward all to cue/Unity pilot number.

On CUE, config the manager's E.164 number as 1101.

Use this method you should NOT use dialplan pattern command under telephony-service.

If you do want dialplan-pattern, than translation profile should be the solution.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

Leves me with one question, how does the manager access his voice mail from his own phone if his voicemail is configured on another extension than is own ?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Maikel,

Just a note to add to the great info from Wayne. This parameter in CUE (After 2.3) can be changed to allow this type of easy Forwarding as well (change to OCN);

This feature is now available in CUE 2.3 have a look;

Mailbox selection

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Express 2.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/prod_release_note09186a0080679b50.html

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option.

For example, suppose caller A calls user B's extension, which forwards the call to user C, who does not answer the phone. The call goes to voice mail. User B's extension is the OCN and user C's extension is the LRD. If the system is configured with the OCN option, the system stores the message in user B's mailbox. If the system is configured with the LRD option, the system stores the message in user C's mailbox.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 GUI Administrator Guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/unityexp/rel2_3/cue_cli/ch3sys.htm#wp1075610

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: