cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call terminating

tprochazka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I got problem, when I call from PSTN over Cisco router (gateway) to phone registered on CCM, calls are connected between GW and CCM and then between CCM and phone. I knew that there was some parameter which could prevent CCM from doing this. (if you change this parameter, CCM doesnt create any leg between phone and itself, but let GW connect directly to phone...) Do you know where such parameter is? Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

only signaling is exchanged between the CUCM and the GW, the calls legs are between endpoints. only if you use MOH from CUCM server a call leg will be established between CUCM and GW

RTP is ALWAYS between endpoints

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, Im not completly sure, because If I found out, that if I check box "Media termination point required" in gateway configuration under devices, callings over this gateway to IP phones registred with this CCM are treated that RTP stream is running between gateway and CCM and then between CCM and IP phone. If you uncheck it, stream is running between gateway and IP phone directly... I dont know why, because explanation of this adjustment (Media termination point required) on cisco seems to be little bit different...