Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Termination error

chris_smt
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have call manager bussiness edition, and our user is having Error 41 - Temporary failure. I check on the CDR, a lot of user experiencing call terminate, and their phone is " configuring IP " status. Any suggestions what may cause this error. Please advice. Thank you all for your help.

Regards,

Chris

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to be more specific. Does this affect all the phones? Does this mean that no phone can register with callmanager.

Can you ping CCM IP from the IP Phone subnet?

Is there a firewall between IP Phones and CCM?

Please rate all useful posts

Yes this affect all phones/extension, but randomly. This error occur when they are on call locally or outside number. The connection drop, and their phone is showing configuring IP status for about 10 seconds, and back to normal again. The phone can register with call manager again after that condition. Yes I can ping the CCM with no problem -> 1ms. The pc + ip phone is connected to cisco 3750g switch, 3 switch stack together. And I configured 2 vlan, voice and data. for voice vlan is giving ip by switch dhcp. but for data is giving ip by dhcp server on data subnet. Is it the ccm or the switch cause problem? Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Chris

I would check your UCM logs to see what messages you see for the registration events. I'd also check for interface resets (show interface), short system uptime (show version), and/or logged errors (show log) on the switches themselves.

Where can I find UCM logs to check for registration events? Is it normal to have error 41 "temporary failure" on normal system ? Please advice. Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: